• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cruising 12th St. Moore, OK during the pandemic

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
I was working on installing the new TMI door panels on my 69 El Camino and a lady came by asking to take a photo. I obliged and she asked if I was cruising 12th St. tonight. I told her I had not heard of it. So, I finished up and went for a short cruise to see what it was all about. Wow! Hundreds of bikes, cars, trucks and people lining the streets in with lawn chairs. It's like a mini-Woodward Dream Cruise half block from my house.

A local station did a story on it last weekend; mostly rules and safety stuff. I found a cool video with drone footage on YT. I think people have cabin fever, the weather is outstanding and gas is almost $1 per gallon. It's the perfect combination for a cruise.

Enjoy

https://kfor.com/news/local/moore-p...llow-traffic-laws-while-cruising-12th-street/

IMG_4264.JPG
IMG_4265.JPG
There was a cruise in Wagoner this evening. I just happened upon it.

Awesome I'm gonna have to take a trip to Moore.

There was a cream GTX in Wagoner this evening. Looks like the same one. It was on the other side of the street.
I didn't look at the tag. Would have turned around and taken a picture, but I was pre-occupied with a Charger that won't start.

Doesn't Moore, Oklahoma get flattened every few years?

Moore is located in Tornado Alley, a colloquial term for the area of the United States where tornadoes are most frequent. About 20 tornadoes occurred in the immediate vicinity of Moore from 1890 to 2013. The most significant tornadoes to hit Moore occurred in 1893, 1999, and 2013.

The awesome storms are the thing I miss most from living down there. The cruise looks like great fun.

Last edited:
I would love to be there!! Looks like a blast

Doesn't Moore, Oklahoma get flattened every few years?

Moore is located in Tornado Alley, a colloquial term for the area of the United States where tornadoes are most frequent. About 20 tornadoes occurred in the immediate vicinity of Moore from 1890 to 2013. The most significant tornadoes to hit Moore occurred in 1893, 1999, and 2013.

The awesome storms are the thing I miss most from living down there. The cruise looks like great fun.
The weather wizards think the path shifted south in recent years. I agree since Norman seems to be getting the worst of it recently.

This thing is getting out of hand. Luckily, I can take back roads in and out for supper. The videos are cool, though. This guy has some other cool videos on his channel featuring Oklahoma. Check them out.

Auto Transport Service
Back