• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

curious what is broken on 8.75 rear?

Bens69PlymouthSatellite

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
How are you all doing hope your projects are going well! Well I was cleaning up my 8.75 rear end and on the driver side axle housing I noticed a hole with what appeared to be a hollow bolt snapped off inside it,so a little anoyed:mad:I refered to "ye old factory service bible" and all it told me was,it was a tee and a screw,WHAT THE HELL IS THIS FOR!! and how do I fix it tap and die? any solutions please help!! now im really confused:edgy:,thanks alot!!

That is your axle vent tube,Tblock for your brakelines.should be able to use easyout to remove broken piece!

That sounds like a winner where can I buy a replacement? What is easy out and where can I find it sorry for the ton of ???,never done this before,thanks for shedding some light on the situation!

Oh you meant an easy out bit sorry i wasnt awake yet, I thaught it was somthing like liquid wrench u were taliking about! Im an Rtard, where can I buy a replacement? any info will help.

Give me a call I can fix you up with the Tblock and vent ,the easy out is available at sears,lowes,or auto parts stores.314-494-7903

Auto Transport Service
Back