• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Dash

subboz

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
So got fed up with work involved in restoring/finding dash I was looking for. I just didn't want to settle. Found aftermarket insert and guages. Almost done and LOTS of wiring time. I now have a oil guage and oil light. Instead of simple led colors for blinkers and high beam i Found some mini indicators and utilized them. The oil light is a relay type setup of a pressure switch. The oil light is even a picture like the rest. DSCF0389.jpg
DSCF0397.jpgDSCF0391.jpgDSCF0286.jpgDSCF0285.jpgDSCF0284.jpgDSCF0283.jpgDSCF0242.jpgDSCF0288.jpgDSCF0289.jpg

Are those the Equus gauges? If so you might have a problem with the fuel gauge bouncing around when driving/stopping because of the fuel movement.
I had a car that used that gauge because the in dash gauge was busted...I replaced the dash one asap as I couldn't stand the readings from the Equus one.
AL

Nice, clean job subboz! I'm sure your gauges will work great...

Where did you get the bezel for the gauges? Classic industries has the whole kit with the gauges and bezel is that cost effective?

- - - Updated - - -

Yours looks outstanding by the way!

The whole assembly or the gauge rings?
Gauges are the Equus 8000 series. Extremely cheap but chinese plastic. Work since the dash insert is plastic as well.
http://www.classicdash.com/shopping...-/Satellite-/Coronet/Superbee/Drilled-Panels/
Where did you get the bezel for the gauges? Classic industries has the whole kit with the gauges and bezel is that cost effective?

- - - Updated - - -

Yours looks outstanding by the way!

- - - Updated - - -

I have spent hours just trying to find the dash insert and indicators with pictures on them. It was obscene how long it took to find them

The whole assembly or the gauge rings?
Gauges are the Equus 8000 series. Extremely cheap but chinese plastic. Work since the dash insert is plastic as well.
http://www.classicdash.com/shopping...-/Satellite-/Coronet/Superbee/Drilled-Panels/

- - - Updated - - -

I have spent hours just trying to find the dash insert and indicators with pictures on them. It was obscene how long it took to find them
Could you give me some pointers as to where you found switches with labels? I am building a custom dash for a 69 Coronet and looking all over the board for switches that match each other, are functionally what is needed and look aesthetically good. I am NOT an electrician and grasping at straws to get the correct amperage range for the different components.

Auto Transport Service
Back