• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CVF Wraptor serpentine system with "GM type 2" power steering pump. What power steering box is best?

It’s gonna be bitchin when done!
Major work on the Roadrunner upcoming.
The QA1 K-member and front suspension system I have had for almost a year will finally get installed. I hope to get a killer 4x 6 piston caliper Wilwood disc brake system (anyone else see a 70 Roadrunner with 6 piston calipers on ALL 4 wheels?) and get that installed at the same time. Hydraulic clutch bearing, HitMaster launch control system, Dakota Digital gauges, Vintage Air AC system, my Cold Case radiator, the Wraptor and power steering....
Time and Money...I have all of this equipment and parts except for the HitMaster, which is relatively inexpensive, and the Wilwood brakes, which are $2,400 but is 13.88 fronts and 12.2 rear discs, slotted and drilled, of course.
I'll post up as it goes along!

Steer n Gear, Firm Feel (go with stage 2 on either box. Now for double the price, Borgenson. The other 2 boxes are bolt in with zero modifications to anything, Borgenson on the other hand will require steering column mods and new hoses.
No mods with my coupler and hydraulic fittings. Bergmanautocraft.com

Major work on the Roadrunner upcoming.
The QA1 K-member and front suspension system I have had for almost a year will finally get installed. I hope to get a killer 4x 6 piston caliper Wilwood disc brake system (anyone else see a 70 Roadrunner with 6 piston calipers on ALL 4 wheels?) and get that installed at the same time. Hydraulic clutch bearing, HitMaster launch control system, Dakota Digital gauges, Vintage Air AC system, my Cold Case radiator, the Wraptor and power steering....
Time and Money...I have all of this equipment and parts except for the HitMaster, which is relatively inexpensive, and the Wilwood brakes, which are $2,400 but is 13.88 fronts and 12.2 rear discs, slotted and drilled, of course.
I'll post up as it goes along!
No need for 6 piston in the rear. I have brackets for gen 3 viper calipers. These are OE Brembo pieces which serve me well even with track duty. I can package a kit with 14.25” OE rotors too. Original equipment = Reliable.

No need for 6 piston in the rear. I have brackets for gen 3 viper calipers. These are OE Brembo pieces which serve me well even with track duty. I can package a kit with 14.25” OE rotors too. Original equipment = Reliable.
I realize I don't need 6 piston rear calipers, but the swap is cheap, especially considering the total cost.
Do you sell disc brake systems?
This Wilwood setup is at cost because a vendor owes me a favor to make up for a mistake. Wilwood 12.88 fronts, 12.19 rears, 6 piston all around, master cylinder, prop valve, lines. $2,400 Can you beat that?
Screenshot_20191024-131000_Drive.jpg

I wrote that because you can’t use your original hoses, fittings are different for the Borgenson box and if you bought the entire kit, it came with them.

I realize I don't need 6 piston rear calipers, but the swap is cheap, especially considering the total cost.
Do you sell disc brake systems?
This Wilwood setup is at cost because a vendor owes me a favor to make up for a mistake. Wilwood 12.88 fronts, 12.19 rears, 6 piston all around, master cylinder, prop valve, lines. $2,400 Can you beat that?
View attachment 855252
Go for the Wilwood. If price is your only concern for brakes, then we make decisions on different criteria. Sometimes it’s hard to explain the differences among parts on the market.

Well...the power steering pump unit that came with the CFV Wraptor is the attached reservoir. I think I may keep it this way. I'll have to have some Zen time to gaze upon the area and decide, but I can't imagine room being a problem for the attached reservoir.
Any strong opinions why I should have a remote reservoir instead?

Other than holding a bit more fluid, having it out of the way and more hoses, I’d go with the attached reservoir.

Other than holding a bit more fluid, having it out of the way and more hoses, I’d go with the attached reservoir.
Thanks 5.7 hemi. You are one of the best getting back to me when I have a question.
If you look at the location and size of the power steering unit on the Wraptor, it looks pretty tidy to me.
Screenshot_20191011-174650_Chrome.jpg

I may wind up with some plumbing and a 1 gallon SAFE system fuel cell/pump where my battery usually goes, for a nitrous system, and while it may not be an issue, it is nice to not have to put a reservoir on the driver's side fender area.
This goes in the factory battery tray, and the battery will be relocated to the trunk:
Screenshot_20191101-225328_Chrome.jpg

https://www.nitrousexpress.com/stan...temsafe-external-pump-and-regulator-15003.asp

You could mount the reservoir inside the fender or in front of the core support, just a couple ideas to toss around.

Auto Transport Service
Back