• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Cylinder Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campbell

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Looking for options.

I got word from engine builder that cylinder heads are leaking water. All parts from old castings can be reused.

440 Race engine.

Looking for options.

I got word from engine builder that cylinder heads are leaking water. All parts from old castings can be reused.

440 Race engine.
What head are we talking about? Iron? Aluminum? Stock style? Raised port? Indy? Edelbrock? Performer or Victor?

Good question. I had planned to invest in aluminum Stage6 heads, down there line, in the future.

My basic engine experience and gut instinct is telling me stay with the 906 / 452 iron heads.

The junk heads are highly modified 906.

Good question. I had planned to invest in aluminum Stage6 heads, down there line, in the future.

My basic engine experience and gut instinct is telling me stay with the 906 / 452 iron heads.

The junk heads are highly modified 906.
I have two sets of bare 906 castings. I’m in Peoria, IL.

Ok, I'm going to ask two really stupid questions. Is your engine builder a Mopar guy? Does he know the header bolts go into the water jackets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back