• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB D100 Power Steering Knuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I know, not a B body, but you guys have helped in the past.

My new project is a 62 D100 pickup. You need to be in good shape to turn this som-bitch, so I'm going to add PS to it.

Any have a knuckle, or a direction to go?

Thank you

My new project is a 62 D100 pickup. You need to be in good shape to turn this som-bitch, so I'm going to add PS to it.

Thank you
What do you mean by "knuckle"? Power steering in that year used a hydraulic ram in the steering linkage and a control valve type draglink from the steering box to the steering arm on the driver's side. A series of hoses connected everything. I found most of the P/S setups in the '69-71 years. Even still, they were a fairly rare option. Try to find a Camper Special parts truck somewhere as a donor. Most of the ones I found were a higher end truck with lots of options.

Thank you
Do you have any pictures of the front end and where you need this part?

It can't be any more difficult than putting power steering on an A100. :lol:

Do you have any pictures of the front end and where you need this part?

It can't be any more difficult than putting power steering on an A100. :lol:
Same type of design. Neither vehicle used a power steering gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back