• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dakota Digital non-rallye gauge cluster

uwss

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
I contacted Dakota Digital custom dept. and found out that I can send in my gauge cluster and Dakota will fabricate all new Dakota gauges to fit in the OEM rectangular gauge cluster.

Tbe cost: $1300.00

Time: 4-6 months

Looks like a great way to get the issue with aftermarket gauges solved. Expensive though.

Neat idea if one has the budget for it. Probably look awesome. This last summer I installed an intelitronix create your own dash in my 74 clonerunner. It was a fun little project and turned out well. I actually prefer the old school original look but my speedo was toast, and I had already hacked in a fuel gauge, and volt meter gauge. The gauge lighting was a mess, hacked up by the previous owner. and I wanted my tack in the dash as well. I think the kit is worth the money,curios to see how it holds up. High beam light is integrated on the speedo board as well as the turn signals. All the gauges dim on high beam too. Several LED colors to choose from.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Create-a-D...ash=item4410dd015a:g:rxcAAOSwLa9UW~2W&vxp=mtr

It is not a question of budget; it is whether or not you want a hack job or you want a gauge cluster that looks good. Since you are going to be looking at it for a long time. People spend more than that on wheels and tires so I don't think the price is out of line. I don't like the wait time though.

I contacted Dakota Digital custom dept. and found out that I can send in my gauge cluster and Dakota will fabricate all new Dakota gauges to fit in the OEM rectangular gauge cluster.

Tbe cost: $1300.00

Time: 4-6 months

Looks like a great way to get the issue with aftermarket gauges solved. Expensive though.

I'd do it - but do we know what it will look like?

Go to their website and look at some analog ones they have done. Very nice looking. I plan to do this when fall comes back in 2018. I'll do the wait then do the install and be ready for spring road trips.

I bought a Dakota Digital HDX gauge cluster for the WannaBee and im currently isntalling it. Very happy with the product amd service they have given me

Waiting for Dakota Digital to make a gauge for all our standard gauges...If they could do a standard cluster custom then why not make one and show it on their website?!

tcQtIhp.jpg

Any nice set of aftermarket gauges will add up quickly to close to that.
The price seems fair to me with a lifetime warranty on their work.
I've been beating on people's doors asking why they are neglecting first Gen Chargers with a mounting solution for their gauges for those cars.
There is a market for them and with today's 3D printing technology, I can't imagine that it would take much to get a return the "investment" of producing a mounting solution right here in the states .
I know at least one or two people that are in the market.

They do sell HDX 6 gauge universal kits which is what i am planning on getting when i reach that point. Sucks they do not sell the dash carrier as well.

Just an FYI, if you are buying Dakota Digital you are better off on eBay for pricing. Their dealers usually knock off 100-200 and you can get free shipping.

where are on these the turning signals, high beams and emergency brake pilot lights ? LCD screen ?

where are on these the turning signals, high beams and emergency brake pilot lights ? LCD screen ?

See picture, hope you can make it out... if not let me know i'll try to get larger more clear images.
dakota-digital-gauges.jpg

Dakota Digital makes some really good gauges, you can go wrong buying them.

I like the VHX dash I installed in my El Camino. I bought it from Phoenix Tuning. They have a $20 off $500 deal going on now and their list price for the Mopar rectangular gauges is $945.25.

https://www.phoenix-tuning.com/vhx-68d-std/

Listing on Ebay with free shipping https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dakota-Dig...h=item56bfd4749a:g:FfIAAOSwFYZbrSee:rk:4:pf:0

It's not hard to install but it will take a while to lay out all the wires and make the connections to the existing wiring and to the computer that comes with the kit.

I am also installing a new Painless harness so it should be a little easier to connect. Still a long way from that point.

I am also installing a new Painless harness so it should be a little easier to connect. Still a long way from that point.
I installed a new harness from M&H, too. But that made it harder to make the cuts I needed for the connections. Who likes cutting up a new dash harness?

The kit comes with sending units for oil pressure and water temp and an adapter for the speedometer that replaced the speedometer cable.

Auto Transport Service
Back