• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dan Littell, Valparaiso Indiana

Welcome from Georgia.

Welcome from Texas by way of Hobart. I grew up in Hobart, and spent a fair amount of time in Valpo. I have one of my best stupid racing stories from back in the day. I was headed to Valpo on Indiana 130 just past Wheeler in my 68 Charger. A late 60's chrome bumper Vette came up from behind and moved to the oncoming lane to pass. He looked over and we dropped the hammer. I got to just under 120 MPH and remembered the light on Wolf road. Those old drum brakes did the job but it was pretty interesting for 5 or 6 seconds. I braked first and let him over to get out of the way of traffic. Stupid but fun. We're all invincible at 24 right?

Do you know of a Lynne Littel? He was my moms cousin, and had a farm outside of Valpo late 60's early 70's.

Welcome from Texas by way of Hobart. I grew up in Hobart, and spent a fair amount of time in Valpo. I have one of my best stupid racing stories from back in the day. I was headed to Valpo on Indiana 130 just past Wheeler in my 68 Charger. A late 60's chrome bumper Vette came up from behind and moved to the oncoming lane to pass. He looked over and we dropped the hammer. I got to just under 120 MPH and remembered the light on Wolf road. Those old drum brakes did the job but it was pretty interesting for 5 or 6 seconds. I braked first and let him over to get out of the way of traffic. Stupid but fun. We're all invincible at 24 right?

Do you know of a Lynne Littel? He was my moms cousin, and had a farm outside of Valpo late 60's early 70's.

Lol, good times. The light there near Wolf road is now at the Old Rickety Bridge (Sedly Road) over the railroad tracks, it was made out of railroad ties with a 45* jog about half was across it remember that? It has been replaced now, at least 20 years ago. My cousins best bud had a 95 or 96 Dodge Sport truck and was on Sedly Rd heading North to 130 with some guys following him at high speeds out of Merrillville , he hit that old bridge at about 100 mph, busted through the upper railroad tie side railing and embedded that truck into the opposite bank. Bad outcome. No I dont know a Lynne but thanks for asking.

Welcome aboard from Ohio, just east of Akron.

Lol, good times. The light there near Wolf road is now at the Old Rickety Bridge (Sedly Road) over the railroad tracks, it was made out of railroad ties with a 45* jog about half was across it remember that? It has been replaced now, at least 20 years ago. My cousins best bud had a 95 or 96 Dodge Sport truck and was on Sedly Rd heading North to 130 with some guys following him at high speeds out of Merrillville , he hit that old bridge at about 100 mph, busted through the upper railroad tie side railing and embedded that truck into the opposite bank. Bad outcome. No I dont know a Lynne but thanks for asking.

I had forgotten about that bridge. We used to take our girlfriends across it just to scare them...

Auto Transport Service
Back