• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dana 60 rear end width on a 64 plymouth savoy?

kidmopar

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys im restoring an old 64 savoy race car that has a dana 60 and i put new quarter panels on it and have new 10x15 torque thrust D wheels with 10.5 x 30 x 15 slicks , who has this combo? i want to kno how wide the dana is from housing end to end , i do have wheeltubs that are flush against the factory framerails, thanks!

Last edited:
I'm positive there were no dana60s stock in 64, so yours could be anything,stock later b-body, stock a body from 68 hemi cuda(HIGHLY unlikely) truck rear, or a narrowed version of any of those. You'll just have to get the wheels off and measure. Do you want wheel mounting"drum-to-drum" or backing plate flange to flange? I dont know distance from drum face to flange,but im sure somebody here does. It would help to know what size drums, or discs.

I'm positive there were no dana60s stock in 64, so yours could be anything,stock later b-body, stock a body from 68 hemi cuda(HIGHLY unlikely) truck rear, or a narrowed version of any of those. You'll just have to get the wheels off and measure. Do you want wheel mounting"drum-to-drum" or backing plate flange to flange? I dont know distance from drum face to flange,but im sure somebody here does. It would help to know what size drums, or discs.
its from a 69 road runner and dvw has what i want measurement wise but he cant recall what size he cut it down to, i have stock drum brakes on it and will keep those on it also and i need the flange to flange measurement

My 65 Coronet has 8" steelys 4" back spacing with Nitto 275/50R15's 11.10 sectional width.
Have 1.5 to 2" spring clearance and 3/4" to quarter clearance . INMO no way with that 3.75 bspace. My Dana is a 67 I believe maybe a 68. Has a 1330 u-joint which is a 66/67 yoke.
Maybe an offset shackle kit and 5 or 5.25 b space wheel, maybe. MO lot of maybes in there.

A 69 Dana is wider than my 66/67.
w dana.JPG

Is the Dana under it now? If not put the mounted tires in the wells and take some measurements and have made what you need. Just remember to offset the differential.

Is the Dana under it now? If not put the mounted tires in the wells and take some measurements and have made what you need. Just remember to offset the differential.
yes it is still under it im going to put the wheels without tires on it and measure the difference i need to put the rim where i want them, just thought someone already has this combination and knew the measurements

What you describe is exactly what my car has. I can't recall exactly what the width is but I can get it. My tubs are smack against the frame rails, 3.375 BS on the ET Torque thrusts.

What you describe is exactly what my car has. I can't recall exactly what the width is but I can get it. My tubs are smack against the frame rails, 3.375 BS on the ET Torque thrusts.
--
I grabbed a measurement this morning for you. My housing is 49" end to end. To the outside edge of my leafs is 39". And there is 5" from the edge of each leaf to the housing flange on each side.
I have 11.5 X 29.5 MT's mounted on the 15 X 10 Torque Thrusts with the 3.375 BS and I have about 2.5" of room between the inner tub and inner tire sidewall. Space between the outer tire sidewall and outer wheel lip / tub is about .750". I also have 15 X 12's with a 5.5 BS that fits up in real nice.

Approx. 2.5" between the inner tub and sidewall. Tire cross section is 13.6"
IMG_5185.JPG

Rims that you are referring to. My front ledge is moved ahead flush to the tub.
IMG_5187.JPG

Dana. 49" flange to flange. Approx. 54" to outside face of rotors.
IMG_5186.JPG

--
I grabbed a measurement this morning for you. My housing is 49" end to end. To the outside edge of my leafs is 39". And there is 5" from the edge of each leaf to the housing flange on each side.
I have 11.5 X 29.5 MT's mounted on the 15 X 10 Torque Thrusts with the 3.375 BS and I have about 2.5" of room between the inner tub and inner tire sidewall. Space between the outer tire sidewall and outer wheel lip / tub is about .750". I also have 15 X 12's with a 5.5 BS that fits up in real nice.

View attachment 609379

View attachment 609381

View attachment 609380
I want your car, how many times do I have to say it.
Let's run for pink slips....lol (no nitrous allowed)

I want your car, how many times do I have to say it.
Let's run for pink slips....lol (no nitrous allowed)
---
Haha.
If plans work out Mike, I won't need nitrous. :)

--

View attachment 609379

View attachment 609381

View attachment 609380
thanks for the measurements!! exactly what i got except im using drum brakes but i dont think that will affect the flange to flange measurement i need since the drum is not as thick as a rotor for disc brake is, thanks so much sir

thanks for the measurements!! exactly what i got except im using drum brakes but i dont think that will affect the flange to flange measurement i need since the drum is not as thick as a rotor for disc brake is, thanks so much sir
---
You're welcome. It will be the same. I converted to disc from drum. Nothing changes.

Make sure you specify your current axle flange to housing dimension when ordering axles. Axle manufacturers have many different dimensions they use depending on type of housing ends. Another note: if you have a real Mopar car Dana (snubber mount) I'd be hesitant to cut it. They bring pretty good $. I'd cut up a truck housing.
Doug

Make sure you specify your current axle flange to housing dimension when ordering axles. Axle manufacturers have many different dimensions they use depending on type of housing ends. Another note: if you have a real Mopar car Dana (snubber mount) I'd be hesitant to cut it. They bring pretty good $. I'd cut up a truck housing.
Doug
i will check dvw but i think it does and i do have access to a truck housing, im using a 4 link that was already in there and i got new billet housing ends from dr . diff to do the task i also see he sells alloy custom length axles and wondered if it would hold up in a mid 10 sec car? thanks for ur input dvw! and congrats on ur win!

A Dana with aftermarket axles in a mid 10 car should last a lifetime.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back