• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60

I bought it from a sled pulling guy well his son the old man had passed away . I bought a truck and he wanted all of it gone so .
Was thinking it was something to do with dirt based on the tires that are on the rear and the extra gusseting and the deep gears. Not that many drag racers want gears that are that deep that I know of..

5x4 1/4 or 1/2
So it does have car axles. Only reason I asked is that some Ford and some IHC half ton trucks used a non-floating Dana 60 with axles that had a 5 lug 5 1/2 inch bolt circle. The BOM numbers would really help.

So it does have car axles. Only reason I asked is that some Ford and some IHC half ton trucks used a non-floating Dana 60 with axles that had a 5 lug 5 1/2 inch bolt circle. The BOM numbers would really help.
I can’t see anywhere on the housing there would have been a drain plug . The only drain is at the bottom of the rear cover .

IMG_0637.jpeg

Where would they be located from this ? This is on the long tube few inches from the housing .

So off the number on the gears can you tell me the ratio . To verify
All I know is that no manufacturer made a 4 1/4 bolt pattern......unless it was something for a 4 bolt wheel but can't attest to that. Anything that was 4 bolt I shied away from.
43 divided by 8 would be 5.38 ratio
5.375 to be exact lol

Auto Transport Service
Back