• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Dana rear, shortened

Status
Not open for further replies.

siroadrnr

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Shortened Dana 60 rear to fit B body Mopar, 4:10 open, Moser axles, axle flange to axle flange, 50 ¼”, spring pads center to center 36 ¼”, used a Mopar inboard spring relocation kit to install it on a 1970 Roadrunner. No backing plates or brakes, but includes 12” Centerline Convo Pros with 15.50 Mickey Thompsons, and 7” Centerline Convo Pros with 7.50 Mickey Thompson fronts. The tires are old, so they’re only good for fitment, or rollers. Going back to stock, so I prefer a trade for a correct 8 ¾ rear, and 15” Rally wheels, or $1900 outright. Located in Staten Island, New York
20191111_084622.jpg
20191111_081701.jpg
20190730_063213.jpg
20190730_063226.jpg

So what would I need beyond what you are selling, to put tires that wide on my 70 Roadrunner?
I plan on getting the Caltracs rear suspension system, but right now I have factory HP (I suspect worn/weak) leaf springs.
Also, what Sure-Grip (posi) setup would work with this for street/strip, and I have 4.10 ring and pinion gears I just had swapped in to my factory original Dana 60 about a year ago, so they are pretty new. Would you swap in my "new" 4.10 R&P while the setup was having the "posi" parts installed? (My understanding is that you said it was "open" so only 1 wheel spins?
Thanks

Last edited:
well, to use the 12 inch rims, I widened the inner wheelhouses 3 inches each, but if you dont want to go that route, you may use a smaller rim and tire. Yes, open being 1 wheel spins,..this was to primarily use the car on the street, and with that wide a tire, turns are easier. If you have a sure grip and 4:10s in your rear, you can swap them into this housing, of course having them set up properly. I'm primarily looking to swap for a stock 8 3/4, and 15 inch rallys.

Shortened Dana 60 rear to fit B body Mopar, 4:10 open, Moser axles, axle flange to axle flange, 50 ¼”, spring pads center to center 36 ¼”, used a Mopar inboard spring relocation kit to install it on a 1970 Roadrunner. No backing plates or brakes, but includes 12” Centerline Convo Pros with 15.50 Mickey Thompsons, and 7” Centerline Convo Pros with 7.50 Mickey Thompson fronts. The tires are old, so they’re only good for fitment, or rollers. Going back to stock, so I prefer a trade for a correct 8 ¾ rear, and 15” Rally wheels, or $1900 outright. Located in Staten Island, New YorkView attachment 864067 View attachment 864069 View attachment 864070 View attachment 864071
is this still available ? and did this rear had drum or disc brakes ? and does it have a pinion snub on front ? and what size is the ujoint yoke ? thanks im interested in wheels an rear .

Yes, Ernies, its still available, it had the 11" drum brakes, no snubber, and the yoke is 3 5/8" with a 1 1/4" cap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back