• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash bezel piece

69clone

Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So pretty much my car looks like a clone on the outside which is all i though i would need (Just so people thought it was a roadrunner on the highway) But now that i'm going to shows people come over thinking it's a roadrunner until they look inside they see Satellite on the dash... So i know you can buy a kit that comes with all 3 pieces but all i need is the part that says roadrunner... Does anyone know if there is a site that sells just that? Or would it be different then the rest of the pieces?
Thanks,
~Nick

all mine has on the dash is the chrome road runner emblem and the standing bird decal.

Thats on a 68' though isn't it? I saw one online that had the same dash as me but it said Roadrunner...

road runners in 68 and 69 didn't have the 3 pc. dash plastic. To make your clone you need to loose the trim at the upper area of the dash and the two that continue to the a-piller trim, the pastic trim over the glove box, the radio bezel and at the left of the cluster. You will then need a R.R. radio bezel and cluster bezel, RR embelm and RR sticker for over the right side of the glove box.
I just sold the nicest emblems I had but have driver emblems and the cluster bezel if you are interested. Then all you needis the radio bezel, avalible repo, and the RR sticker, also avalible repo. PM me if need these parts.

Oh... thanks for the correction. Sorry Roadrunnerman!
So above the glovebox there is no plastic? just the emblem and standing bird (same as on the trunk, right?)

Go to Ebay and check out some of the interior shots of 69 RR's for sale 1 picture is worth a 1000 words. The standing bird on a 69 deck lid is the same as the one on the dash, The road runner metal emblem is rectangular. and as he stated NO plastic trim, just the raw metal dash in satin black.

Cool, thanks!
That saves me from buying a new plastic trim package I was like man this is going to be expensive if it's this hard to find. lol I actually looked on ebay and i just assumed it was a different plastic piece... So i guess for now I need to pull all the plastic and chrome trim out except for the one covering the gauges?
Also what is the cluster bezel? the switches above the steering column?
Thanks guys!

Yeah, Road Runners had no extra trim. A quick educational explanation of the Plymouth B bodies can be summed up like this: Belvedere is the basic car line with no frills. Taxi cab and general transport. Satellite is a luxury Belvedere with lots of trim. Road Runner is a Belvedere with hot rod parts. GTX is a Satellite with hot rod parts.

The gauge bezel is the chrome plastic frame that goes around the speedo. PG Classics has an excellent repo for around $200.00. They also have the rocker switches but they only seem to have one variety. In other words the actual switch has different rocker actuator mounting requirements, which makes the chrome rocker not 100% compatible. Otherwise they are nice.

Question: I see sellers sometimes stating '68-'69 RR, Charger, Coronet etc dash trim panels. While some sellers just state '68. I have a '69 Coronet and I need the dash trim panels (above glove box etc.) My question is, EXACTLY from years and what donor models could I use for my Coronet? Thanks!

Yeah, Road Runners had no extra trim. A quick educational explanation of the Plymouth B bodies can be summed up like this: Belvedere is the basic car line with no frills. Taxi cab and general transport. Satellite is a luxury Belvedere with lots of trim. Road Runner is a Belvedere with hot rod parts. GTX is a Satellite with hot rod parts.

The gauge bezel is the chrome plastic frame that goes around the speedo. PG Classics has an excellent repo for around $200.00. They also have the rocker switches but they only seem to have one variety. In other words the actual switch has different rocker actuator mounting requirements, which makes the chrome rocker not 100% compatible. Otherwise they are nice.

Thanks. I took the trim off for a cleaning a few months ago and if i remember right there are holes from the screws that will show. I know those wouldn't be there on the roadrunner. What would you do about that?

If you are working on a budget, I have a couple cluster bezels. The chrome is shot, but they will look nice painted silver. I also have a couple emblems, not mint but useable. If you can use them, just pay the shipping and they are yours!

Not to go off in a tangent 69 clone I see you mentioned in your signature that your car is plum crazy purple. To stay in the mopar theme that is what my trucks are painted
internationaltriaxle.jpg
[/IMG]

Rrunner i sent you a PM.

haha good choice the girls really seem to like it :)

Here are the pic's. Cluster bezel has no cracks at all, just worn chrome. You will find most do paint these as the repops are $200 plus shipping. The bezel will screw directly to your cluster. I would guess shipping to be no more than $15.

These may help also. From my org 68, placement is the same for 69 just a different bird sticker.

1 RR dash 003.JPG

1 RR dash 004.JPG

1 RR dash 006.JPG

Thanks. I took the trim off for a cleaning a few months ago and if i remember right there are holes from the screws that will show. I know those wouldn't be there on the roadrunner. What would you do about that?

I'd "bondo" them up with good epoxy or JB weld. This will require you repaint the dash face in the correct suede finish. Totally Auto might have the suede texture paint. You might want to reinforce the back of the hole somehow, maybe a little square of fiberglass cloth painted with epoxy.

if your dash is black and you want something temp to fill the holes you could always put the black screws in them a quick glance wouldnt realize it. this is just a tight budget suggestion

Thanks guys i'll have to see. I haven't had time to mess with the car and probably wont for awhile. Compressed and cracked my lower lumbar 1 yesterday.

bad back and your only 18 that really sucks man well take her easy that back issue may haunt you for the rest of your life.

Auto Transport Service
Back