• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dave Wheeler's Garage - Dutton, ON - car show - May 28, 2022

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Some of you know Dave Wheeler. For many years Dave operated Wheeler Automotive in Dutton, ON. This past year Dave's wife died, and after that he decided to pack it in. He's closed the business and retired. He decided to have one last (all makes) car show. Dave, among other things, owns the well known Sport Fury GT 440-6bbl "Furyus" car. Here's a photo of it that I took last year:

20211024_115655.jpg

I took my "new" Coronet RT to the show. Here's a couple photos just as I was leaving home:

Coronet May 28, 2022 - 20220528_083452.jpg

Dave and RT May 28, 2022.jpg

When I arrived at the show I followed this car in:

1973 Chrysler New Yorker - 20220528_113210.jpg

I asked the owner about the history. He said that a guy from Ilderton (Ontario) imported it from the USA in 1997 and not long after that his grandfather bought it. Well I filled in some details for him. It was ME that imported the car in 1997 for my dad. I had not seen the car since he sold it, I think in the late 1990's.

I bought it at the Mopar Nats in 1997. At the time the car had around 14,000 miles on it (as I recall). I think the price then was around $4,000 but as that was 25 years ago I am far from sure.

It was terrific to see the car again. That's my "new" (1967) Coronet R/T in the background.

Not a lot of C bodies. Just this one, and the Newport below:

Newport convertible - 20220528_112539.jpg

I had the good fortune to meet forum member "Dave6T4" at the show. He brought his 1967 R/T. Dave was kind enough to give me a copy of a report dated Oct. 1966 from Chrysler Engineering about the development of the 375 hp 440 that would reside in the 1967 GTX and R/T (thanks a lot Dave).

Here's Dave's car:

20220528_111620.jpg

This is Dave and me with his car:

20220528_111651.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics sir! That New Yorker reminds me of my moms, back in the day. Hers was a 73 also, burgundy with a black top. The car I got my license in. My grandfather had a 70 New Yorker coupe, the same color as that convertible. A lot of memories in those cars. Thanks and take care!

What a nice location (and great looking day) for a car show. Sure beats the Burger King parking lot!
Thanks for sharing.
"Mr Cool" being there is icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, Imperial One, and great to meet you and see your new "Baby". Dave has hosted this show for about 25 years at his repair garage and it has raised $$$ for local health center and other charities. This year's show was the final one with best weather yet, and a great barbeque held at Dave's house afterward for club members. The end of an era and sorry to see it happen. Barb's passing was quite a blow to Dave, since they did everything together. Quite a blow also to everyone that knew her. She was a friend to everyone she met.

Wow,it looks like there was a fantastic Mopar turnout! Love the Black 70 Hemi Charger R/T!

Thanks for all the great photos and information Imperial One!!

Wow,it looks like there was a fantastic Mopar turnout! Love the Black 70 Hemi Charger R/T!
It was sold new at now closed Midtown Motors in St. Thomas, Ontario, where I bought my 1969 SuperBee the year before. This car changed hands locally a few times, and has remained in the St. Thomas area its whole life.

Great pics.
A buddy of mine was there in the blue 1968 Roadrunner hemi car.

He posted a lot of pics in F.book yesterday

Auto Transport Service
Back