• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealership Code, Need Decode

This is RRdon's thread. Let's keep on task instead of bickering about someone else's car.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find out any more about this dealership. Appreciate the help. :)
hello RRDon I remember the dealership well The name of the dealership was Ted Milton's West Springfield Chrysler Plymouth located on memorial ave West Springfield Ma. 01089 sorry to say the dealership is gone. If i can help let me know.

Hi Chuck, I bought the car from a guy named Arnold G. Clough in 2016. He lives there in Mass. He was having some health problems and was selling all his Mopars. I think he also had a red 69 Superbee that he sold (it may have been an A12 car). Do you know the guy? From some reason he was not very forthcoming about the cars history. I don't know if it was due to his illness or just didn't want to be bothered.

Hello Don, I will check with some friends to see if they remember the car. There were several places we used to hang out in the mid to late 70s. I think the guy that owned that car or one similar lived in either Chicopee or Holyoke mass. Not sure though. It was a long time ago.

Hi Chuck, I bought the car from a guy named Arnold G. Clough in 2016. He lives there in Mass. He was having some health problems and was selling all his Mopars. I think he also had a red 69 Superbee that he sold (it may have been an A12 car). Do you know the guy? From some reason he was not very forthcoming about the cars history. I don't know if it was due to his illness or just didn't want to be bothered.
Hello Don, pm sent.

I have a very nice 68 road runner but I don't have any documentation or history on the car other than I know it's a real road runner and it's not stolen. And of course a clear title.
BUT I was able to get the original 'Dealership Code' off the door sticker (63597) Maine. Has anyone ever researched original 'Dealerships'? How best to get more history on the car?
The guy I bought it from was in failing health and wasn't able to give me any history.
View attachment 1172851
Have you looked at maxwedge.com ? The site has a few different decoding pages and a lot of research links. Good luck.

Contact Chrysler Historical archives.
They have a process you do and they will send you a full report on your car from the ground up including the ordering dealership.
I got one for my 67 R/T, pretty good documentation to have.

Contact Chrysler Historical archives.
They have a process you do and they will send you a full report on your car from the ground up including the ordering dealership.
I got one for my 67 R/T, pretty good documentation to have.
Worth a try, but I think Chrysler historical services only has info from 67 and older. They may have something for 68, pretty sure there is no 69/newer info.

Yea I heard that also, but worth a look with them.
I think I heard that Gaylen guy bought all the 68 and up archives and he's become an a$$wip . I tried dealing with him and he's a prikkkkkkkkkk.

Yea I heard that also, but worth a look with them.
I think I heard that Gaylen guy bought all the 68 and up archives and he's become an a$$wip . I tried dealing with him and he's a prikkkkkkkkkk.
I think if not mistaken,68-70 archives were lost in a fire and thats why such a debate on info for these years.As for Galen for these years hes just going buy what info you give him from build sheet or fender tag,witch a lot of members here can do for free??

I've heard many stories about the archives over the last 40 years and Gaylen bought all the microfiche slides and paperwork they had.
I tried dealing with him once and offered to pay big bucks for some info and I don't know of anyone ever being such an *** ever. I hope when he's gone that stuff goes to a great young enthusiast who can do it Justice .

It was a massive fire that wiped out so many records at Chrysler, not Galen's grubby fingers.
That rumor needs to die.

I've heard many stories about the archives over the last 40 years and Gaylen bought all the microfiche slides and paperwork they had.
I tried dealing with him once and offered to pay big bucks for some info and I don't know of anyone ever being such an *** ever. I hope when he's gone that stuff goes to a great young enthusiast who can do it Justice .
Personally, Galen did an outstanding job documenting my 69 Charger….

Referring to the fire.
The user who stated the fire destroyed lots of the archives was referring to the Chrysler warehouse fire , not Gaylens fire. I know of no issues with Gaylen losing any archives. Infact he's preserved them very well.
It used to mean something if you had the Govier report for your car , but not anymore, been way too many errors in the numbers and so many mistakes that they just don't mean alot nowadays.
Some worship him ( Gaylen ) I personally can't stand him and his ego, that's just my opinion.
If your willing to drop thousands of dollars and 3 to 5 years of maybe getting your possibly incorrect report , go for it.
I prefer the FCA report that is factual and from Chrysler, if you have the original build sheet and data card's.
If you don't have that , it's a gamble to know 100% about your car.
I believe back years ago Gaylen did good research and those reports are solid, the last 12 to 15 years, I'm not so sure .
You can rate him 5 stars
I rate my experience with him
as 0 stars .

Previous owner searches have to go through your local DMV.
I'll jump in here with my 2 cents. Other than being the original and still owner of a 1969 Dodge Charger, my other claim to fame is as the keeper of the BJ8 Model Registry for the Austin-Healey Club of America. As such, one of my goals is (as much as possible) to document the continuous ownership history of these cars that haven't been built since 1967. I do that because most owners of classic cars are very much interested in their history, and because sources for that information are almost non-existent. DMVs are pretty useless for obtaining the ownership record of a car because of the 1994 Federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act that prohibits DMVs from releasing owner names and addresses that they acquire in the course of doing their business. There are some exceptions, mostly dealing with insurance, law enforcement, etc., but in general the history is put out of reach of ordinary mortals by "privacy". Also, most state DMVs have purged their older records for inactive registrations. I try to convince owners of BJ8s to allow me to document their name and contact info, along with purchase date and sale date so that the record can be available to future owners of their car. Too many people are so sensitive about "privacy" that they don't want to participate, or don't see why anyone else would be interested in their time and experiences with the car. Too bad.
I should add that the personal information is released only to another earlier or later owner of the same car, but there is no charge for it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back