• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealing with a terrible buyer on Ebay. Any ideas?

Question. Paid via pp? Or? You make sure pp is aware of this. Ebay sucks **** when it comes to sellers.
I sold a top of 1/4 panel molding for a 64 Chrysler on ebay. The buyer tells me it won't fit the fender and wants a refund. Of course it won't fit the fender, it's a 1/4 panel molding. Thankfully the issue was resolved. You'll have to talk to a live person on ebay to fix the problem. They don't make it easy.

Maybe ask him to take it to a local transmission place to check for proper fitment...he may just be a bit confused ... if you found one locally where he lived and the gave them a call, they could set him straight. Especially if it is a shop that works on older cars. That being said, a guy I went to school with had a 318 Duster (nothing wrong with that) but he would tell anyone who would listen it had a "tree-80" ... Yes, a tree, like the big green things in your yard with leaves ...

What if this idiot had a Poly 318 and thought it was a 383 ?

Yeah it's super frustrating. Thanks for the support. I just got off the phone with eBay and they said they would close the claim. So that's good for now. Good to remember for the future. I think if I do sell stuff on eBay going forward, I'll be way more cautious and try to protect myself more. Sometimes I can be too trusting of strangers.

For now, I think I'll call the guy and **** with him a bit. My friend already said he'd call and pretend to be a high-powered New York lawyer. The buyer has the IQ of a box of rocks so I think he might buy it. Lol.

The buyer has the IQ of a box of rocks.

Yeah, that is obvious. I'd drive hundreds of miles to get something rare or hard to find but transmissions lie a 727 are not rare. What did he save by driving that far anyway?

Print out all of your texting back and forth with the guy and send that along to E-bay. They can clearly see that he picked it up and got it. That's what I would do. E-bay can be a pile of garbage sometimes. I bought a catalytic converter for my Tacoma. It said on the page it was for 2001 2.4 liter 2wd. Which is exactly what my truck is. I finally get this thing and its totally wrong for my truck. I send in a refund request listing problems with fitment as my main issue. Also explained that it did not in fact even have the same flanges as my truck. I get a notification that the asshole denied my refund and E-bay closed the case. WTF I was out over 150.00 for this Evan Fischer catalytic converter.. So its not always in favor of the buyer. But I also bought another and it was wrong too. That place was supposed to give me return shipping info and I never got it. So that package is still sitting in my garage.. Wasted about 300.00 total on E-bay trash. Both items were wrongfully labeled. So I guess its my fault they are incompetent.

Point out to Ebay he has 0 feedback & therefore he is not a proven trustworthy Ebayer.

Call EBay directly and explain the situation live and in person.

LOL !! Can you even find a number for Ebay ?!?! Besides, the issue will be with Paypal - not Ebay.

If push comes to shove, take them to small claims court.

Seriously ?!?!? $250. isn't worth the paperwork !!

What kind of idiot drives that far for a transmission? There were likely to be 50 or more within 200 miles of his place.
Drug runner

I quickly read through this... Ask for a picture of the engine in his fury and the year of it... He may not know that it will fit and got bad information from someone else. E-bay sucks as a seller that's for sure but sometimes it's the only game in town...

My friend already said he'd call and pretend to be a high-powered New York lawyer.
Seinfeld-Jackie-Chiles.jpg

Yeah, that is obvious. I'd drive hundreds of miles to get something rare or hard to find but transmissions lie a 727 are not rare. What did he save by driving that far anyway?
Maybe he want to brag with his other drunk friends that he drive all the way to NY to buy boose, the transmission was just the pretext.:blah:

LOL !! Can you even find a number for Ebay ?!?! Besides, the issue will be with Paypal - not Ebay.

Seriously ?!?!? $250. isn't worth the paperwork !!
Think you look for contact ebay, click where they call you. Pain to find it. They usually call you back in a few minutes.

Best of luck, I sold two trucks on eBay over a decade ago and it was nice. NOW I’ll only buy if I have to, Ive had great dealings with the few on this site and will try to trade here only as I feel the folks here are like me.. not trying to screw the hell out of someone and being honest, yes I understand a man needs to make some money ,but be honest is all you need.

Yeah it's super frustrating. Thanks for the support. I just got off the phone with eBay and they said they would close the claim. So that's good for now. Good to remember for the future. I think if I do sell stuff on eBay going forward, I'll be way more cautious and try to protect myself more. Sometimes I can be too trusting of strangers.

For now, I think I'll call the guy and **** with him a bit. My friend already said he'd call and pretend to be a high-powered New York lawyer. The buyer has the IQ of a box of rocks so I think he might buy it. Lol.
If they closed it, say nothing and walk away.

Holy thread resurrection Batman! Your advice is almost two years too late.

I would hope that this was resolved long ago.

Post all of your correspondence and the video on here and the other Mopar sites so all of us know who he is and don't sell him parts or get screwed. Mopar parts are hard to find and the people on here are honest and hard working. We won't put up with that crap period. Cut him off
Did someone delete a post or........?
Yes it was a member hammond472 wanting him to “out” the guy who did this.
His response is quoted..

Auto Transport Service
Back