• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dec 7, 1941 The day that is supposed to remembered, but doesn't seem to be

69Bee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
On December 7, 1941 we were attacked and ushered in our entry into the Pacific theater of operations for WWII. It would seem that the attack is pushed further and further out of view with each passing year. There is no mention of Pearl Harbor remembrance on the radio, the internet, or even on people's lips. A customer asked me a few weeks ago how long his stuff would take, and my comment was "hard to tell, with all of the holidays coming up" I even mentioned that I might even be closed (I am not because I am too busy) on Dec 7th. I could tell by his blank stare that he had no clue. I asked him what was so special about that day, and he had no clue. I just don't get it, because I am old maybe. You see, migrants (ILLEGALS), border, biden, congress, trans (queers), ukraine, china, etc, but not a GD word about the importance of a day that happened 82 years ago...

We must NEVER forget, because history will repeat itself due to ignorance!

:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I was actually surprised to see a mention of Dec 7 on one of the local news stations. NEVER Forget.

IMG_2022-08-27-14-22-20-524.jpg

Sadly it is no longer up front in yearly recognition. As the years slip by and the surviving veterans are passing, today's populace isn't all that concerned about an event from 82 years ago...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

There were short stories about it all day on a couple of stations around me. There was also a story in the news paper but much shorter then in the past.

History is repeating itself, most people don't know where Pearl Harbor is. And they couldn't tell you what happened there.

I was surprised, and pleased, to see that the history Channel took a day off covering oak island and the search for Hitler, to broadcast about 7 or 8 hours of Pearl Harbor programing.

It's not a priority in our public schools anymore, unfortunately....

This lamp was made aboard another ship during WW2 by my Uncle Barney, who was on the Nevada when Pearl Harbor was bombed. RIP Barney.
20230710_165831.jpg

Yeah some media, the majority of the MSM you know the list, don't care
I don't watch them... Or support them either
their rating are in the shiter too...
Rightly so...

I remember, been to the Arizona memorial probably 10+ times now
it's emotionally moving to say the least
:usflag:

You are exactly right. My dad served in WWII, uncles also. More uncles served during Korea. I served during 'Nam. Reality seems to be that when it's over; it's over. Kids think that it's video games. Not taught in schools anymore. Of course, unrevised history or civics aren't either.

You are exactly right. My dad served in WWII, uncles also. More uncles served during Korea. I served during 'Nam. Reality seems to be that when it's over; it's over. Kids think that it's video games. Not taught in schools anymore. Of course, unrevised history or civics aren't either.
Thank you for your service.

Not taking anything away from the significance of the day and those that given everything to this country. I was actually at Pearl Harbor last week and it is moving. However, it was 80 years ago and a lot of history has happened since then. There is a lot of history not taught in schools these days, partly because there is so much to choose from and what is most relative today. In comparison, does anyone celebrate the end of WW1, The Civil War, Vietnam, or some of the other incredibly days in our history.

The passing of time dictates that not all things can be held as sacred as they once were, unfortunately.

we were at Pearl Harbor a year ago August. Before they take you over to The Arizona, they sit you down, and make it clear how you are to act respectivly. Like it was your family buried there. When we were on the Memorial, people talked very quietly, but when you go back to where the names are on the wall...even the small children are silent. Haven't been in a church that was that quiet.

Last week I watched an older gal drop her cane and accidentally kick in into the water atop the memorial. It appeared to be an accident, but made me wonder how much stuff people drop in the water there.

Auto Transport Service
Back