• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep South Cruisers local "monthly" car show..

biomedtechguy

Accelerati Rapidus Maximus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
I got my 2 SPAL electric pusher fans in and made the show. It's so nice to be out and about.
20201017_175518.jpg
20201017_175541.jpg
20201017_175707.jpg
20201017_175720.jpg
20201017_184915.jpg

glad you got your pusher fans,how are they doing?

Well, so far, great. I took my time and the installation looks like Plymouth could have planned them to be there. I was also able to add the Black Diamond billet aluminum tensioning arm cover to the Wraptor. That is the part of both Wraptor kits (RR and GTO) that sticks out the farthest forward. I learned that putting my phone's camera in video mode, but not having to film, the frame rate helps me check for any wobble in the flex fan. When I add the shroud, I will do something a little different to make sure the flex fan is absolutely flat against the water pump pulley and spacers. It's almost perfectly flat, but I see the slightest wobble, and that's going to nag my conscience.
The water temperature gauge did something I've never seen before when I had first put the radiator in today and fired up the engine. I didn't think anything about watching the temperature, I was watching the flex fan, doing voltage drop tests, etc. I noticed both fans were on and when I checked the fan control app it said "350°"...
Three hundred fifty degrees! Well I was damn sure that the coolant wasn't that hot, even though the temp gauge was pegged all the way to the right. I disconnected and reconnected the DD water temperature sender a couple of times to no avail. I also checked connections on the DD main connection block and the fan control module but they were ok.
The Dakota Digital PAC-2800BT electronic fans control module is setup to run one fan at 190°, both at 195°, both when the AC is on, and both off around 60 mph. 90% of the electric fans I saw on classic cars tonight used SPAL.
I had no more weird temperature gauge issues, neither fan has burned up, and although I still want to add a shroud, the sitting still at idle temps are in the 185-190 range.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back