• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep Throat

Dibbons

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
I have spent a couple of hours now picking/sucking/vacuuming hundreds of bits of broken glass and dirt from a 5 inch crevasse located below the rear side window in my 72 Satellite Sebring Plus and I'm still not finished (i'm even thinking of calling this vehicle "Linda" from here on out). My question is whether or not there is a factory made outlet for all of this junk? A drain hole or something? I don't see any debris outside on the ground underneath the car, which has me concerned-what happens to the water that gets in there after a car wash or a rain storm. It is near impossible to get all the way down in there to clean. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 303
There are formed drains in the lower quarter at the pinch weld to allow water drainage.
This is an E-body shot, B-bodies drains are similar.

Last edited:
....hehe, thought this article was about something else....

OK. Ran a medium zip tie up through the "drain" in the pinch weld. Very small opening and certainly not large enough to empty any debris from above. If anyone gets the chance to clean out the area there while the window panel is off, I would highly advise one to clean that area out while you can. Now I just wonder how the same area in the trunk area would drain, did not see any openings in the pinch weld back there after a quick look?

OK. Ran a medium zip tie up through the "drain" in the pinch weld. Very small opening and certainly not large enough to empty any debris from above. If anyone gets the chance to clean out the area there while the window panel is off, I would highly advise one to clean that area out while you can. Now I just wonder how the same area in the trunk area would drain, did not see any openings in the pinch weld back there after a quick look?

Are you talking about the 1/4 extension of the trunk?

My second question was if there was a drain in the trunk area in that crevice below the rear side marker lights.

The trunk extensions have a hole with a drain plug that gets plugged up easily.

Attachments

• DCP_0102.jpg
    DCP_0102.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 180
Auto Transport Service
Back