• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Defroster Duct Connection to Vents

Ed Martin

Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Roadrunner without AC. Does anyone know how the defroster ducts are connected to the defroster dash vents at the windshield? I tried to pull it loose but it didn't want to come off. It is not frozen in place and moves some but something seems to be holding it, but I don't see anything. I tried to pull the duct off the vent on one side and ripped the duct in half. I'm trying not to damage the other side.
Thanks for any help.

Clips hold the hose on to the plastic ducts

Clips hold the hose on to the plastic ducts
Thanks. Can you get to them from the outside? I don't see it from the outside, but maybe I can't see everything.

I can not remember, but if you download a manual from mymopar dot com, it will be in there.

I can not remember, but if you download a manual from mymopar dot com, it will be in there.

They are a son-of-a-beach... they are just a U clip but they have teeth on them so when they go on they are not coming off without spreading them.....

Thanks. I will try the manual you talk about. I have a 1968 service manual but those details are not there.

They are a son-of-a-beach... they are just a U clip but they have teeth on them so when they go on they are not coming off without spreading them.....
Thanks for that. I do see a clip on the other side where the duct is loose.

The heater system is not really shown well in the '68 manual, unlike the '69 manual, but it looks like the ducts are wide and narrow, and should still have the hoses attached with these clips we are talking about. You are just going to have to put Meat Loaf Bat out of hell on the radio, lay on your back, and get up under the dash rip those suckers out to the tune of "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"... :bananadance:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The heater system is not really shown well in the '68 manual, unlike the '69 manual, but it looks like the ducts are wide and narrow, and should still have the hoses attached with these clips we are talking about. You are just going to have to put Meat Loaf Bat out of hell on the radio, lay on your back, and get up under the dash rip those suckers out to the tune of "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"... :bananadance:
Don’t quit your day job while starting your comedy career.... don’t to have a block to bore or something? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Don’t quit your day job while starting your comedy career.... don’t to have a block to bore or something? :rolleyes:
Actually, yes, quite a few. Just a little levity at the beginning of the day, because it all goes downhill from here...

Ain't no doubt about it ... I will have to rip with the dashboard lights!

Auto Transport Service
Back