• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dessert Valley Auto Parts ? ?

HAS anybody Dealt with DVAP ? ? ? Good or BAD ?

I have been to their yard twice and was not impressed with their service or pricing. In fact they charge you $3 just to walk around and look.

I asked for the pricing on a 383 & 727 tranny from an old b-body and they told me $800 for the engine and $600 for the tranny with no guarantee ... I could not justify paying that much for "cores".

They do have a ton of decent sheet metal and other hard parts but it will be expensive. Perhaps their TV show has gone to their heads.

Went there in 2012. If you arelooking for sheet metal their stuff is in amazing shape.
Anything else has been trashed by the sun.
Prices are rediculous but again, if you need a clean piece and they have it ... you'll pay for it.
Here is a link to my pics if you'd like to take a peek.
http://www.retrorarities.com/DVAP/index.html

They have been there a long time, and are taking advantage of exposure on TV,etc. Everybody thinks cars from there are great. They are, and aren't. When there was a million people there, prices were decent. Now 3,5 million people, I buy parts elsewhere. There are two prices in phoenix, local yocal, and gullible out of stater.

I called them three times and asked about a trunk floor for my 74 Charger. Each time they said they would go look and call me back. Never heard from them.

Called and emailed them MANY times with requests for parts about 6 years ago and never got a response. FU** 'EM

trouble is that there are many places like this and they no they have the parts you need and if you want them you have to pass or step up to the plate

I walked the yard a few times in the last couple of years. Not much 2 door Mopar stuff. Prices are steep. I did buy a perfect set of vent chrome for my 64, $50. it's amazing how good the pot metal parts are.
Doug

Attachments

• W37.jpg
    W37.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 338
I was in the area last December and visited them just for kicks. The 2nd gen charger parts were pretty picked over but did manage to find a lot of small pieces. I took them back to the office and the guy at the desk had no idea what anything was but was sure they were worth $350. I offered him $100 and he took it. I don't like that they charge to get in or the fact they want you to tip them if they help you at all. It is a good place to go if you know what you need and can get it yourself.

I emailed them about a part for my 65 Coronet. They didn't have the part, but did give me a contact for someone that might have it. I utilized there online form, this was very recent.

I was able to get two orders of stuff from them about a year and a half ago, but after that they stopped returning my parts requests and I have and wont buy anything from them again. I guess they don't want my money any more.

The son sounds like he is retarded, the dad acts like he is better than the rest of the car world, their retos look like crap and are put together with gum and cardboard, wouldn't trust them for ****. They got balls selling their garbage for more than it's worth.

HAS anybody Dealt with DVAP ? ? ? Good or BAD ?
HEY Thanks for the input , I guess they Don't want my money either ! !, they have a car listed in there Inventory so I emailed my request for what I wanted , got a reply back , and they refered me to somebody else , so I will check them out , T H A N K S ! ! !

is that the guy (and his crabby old man) on T.V. that has a Lisp ???
:eusa_whistle:
seems like the do well in the yard on T.V.:icon_sunny:

I had a crackhead hit me in my 1966 fury 3 in 2008 and it wiped out the driver side of the car..i called dvap for a fender door and 1/4 panel and they assured me they had all 3 in excellent condition..well after a month fed ex delivered a 1/4 panel that had the wheel lip completely cut off it like someone had run tractor tires on the donor car and a dented 65 sport fury front fender and door,,i wound up bying a stud gun and spent a week pulling my 1/4 back to nice shape and had to change the headlight bucket out of the fender as 65 and 66 fury's use different headlight surrounds and had to weld up the extra holes in the fender and door due to different mouldings between the fury 3 and sport fury//this deal cost me over 2000 bucks and when I called and bitched they acted like I swapped parts and was trying to pull one over on them..i told them to ask the fed ex driver about the 1/4 panel because I refused it and the driver called someone and they told him to leave it and that they would refund my 1000 bucks for the 1/4...what a joke I will never go there for any parts again even if they had a bygo free deal. after my deal they started there tv show andi see why I got the junk I got,they all act like they are the results of siblings having children....

Went there in 2012. If you arelooking for sheet metal their stuff is in amazing shape.
Anything else has been trashed by the sun.
Prices are rediculous but again, if you need a clean piece and they have it ... you'll pay for it.
Here is a link to my pics if you'd like to take a peek.

http://www.retrorarities.com/DVAP/index.html

trhanks for sharing. i'd walk that yard for $3. It looks like unorganized chaos though. Cars on top of each other and so close together you can't get inside. But no mile high weeds,mud,etc.

Went to Phoenix Arizona once on a road trip about 10 years ago, to get a complete body panel rust free 70 Charger rolling shell, for $1,000.00 & stopped in because I was very close & they wanted $600 for a bare 73 Challenger door!! YIKES!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back