• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did 1966 hemi cars air cleaner

Bought one off Ebay and installed. I didnt think they had one, so removed it a while back ( was wrong format anyway ) All is better now.

Im 99% sure it shouldnt have the 426 decal on top, But I like it. So it stays

If anyone has a spare , or a source for the plastic cap for the breather tube, Im all ears

Thanks.

20240319_084402.jpg

Bought one off Ebay and installed. I didnt think they had one, so removed it a while back ( was wrong format anyway ) All is better now.

Im 99% sure it shouldnt have the 426 decal on top, But I like it. So it stays

If anyone has a spare , or a source for the plastic cap for the breather tube, Im all ears

Thanks.

View attachment 1631263
I am not familiar with plastic caps but they do make rubber end caps for hose barbs.. Something like this would work if you just want to cap it.

5/8" Water Pump Heater Core Rubber Hose Caps Blockoff Plugs 4Pcs | eBay

I am not familiar with plastic caps but they do make rubber end caps for hose barbs.. Something like this would work if you just want to cap it.

5/8" Water Pump Heater Core Rubber Hose Caps Blockoff Plugs 4Pcs | eBay
Mine has the later style with hose and breather. So, its fine for the time being.

BUT, only CA cars got the hose style in 1966, which mine is not. And all 67s got the hose and coordinating valve cover breather

So just looking to come up with the correct cap if I can. If not. It will stay as is

My air cleaner is original, too. No 426 decal from the factory, as seen in the second pic in post #14.
The plastic cap is hard to find, according to Nick on this website. Nick's Garage - Air Cleaner Identification There are pics of my air cleaner there. My original cap is hard plastic.

99% sure this is the right one-----also no 426 on the top, but i like it so its has one
66 oil label 2.jpg

Mine.

I also have 426 decal on lid top. Are you guys saying it should be blank?

SPD April 27, 1966

IMG_8627.jpeg

IMG_8625.jpeg

Last edited:
Think mine didn't come with one, the original owner made one mounted poorly.

Last edited:
Also has the correct thermostat housing for 66. When was your car built? Mine was Jan 66.
SBD on my car is April 1966.
Assy date on the motor is March 1966.

Original Thermostat hsg as far as I know

Previous owner added the 426 decal as far as I know of. And I have no plans to remove it

Previous owner added the 426 decal as far as I know of. And I have no plans to remove it

Since yours didn’t come with any I won

I won’t put any on mine now, thanks

For mine, the engine assembly date was April 20, 1966, SO Date July 20th, Shipped Date September 15th.

Auto Transport Service
Back