• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did 1966 hemi cars air cleaner

gtx6970

Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Did they get either of the air cleaner instructions decals on the hemi chrome dome ????

20240316_123815.jpg

Yes next to homemade 426.
stick.JPG

Last edited:
Here’s my original. I won’t be home for a week and a half, so I can’t take a close up.

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg

Well Mark... I know you're out wooing the Wife, but can't read that one. I'll go take a shot of mine and see if it matches...

Looking at the bottom line on mine, it doesn’t look like either of the o/p’s.

Thanks Gents. I couldnt remember if they did,,or didnt.

The 2 I have are both repops, and apparently both wrong , Big surprise

I have a complete factory intake, NOS carbs still in shrink wrap inside the original boxes for both carbs and a chrome dome air cleaner for a 66 Hemi. I will have to look at my chrome dome to see if it has one or not

This is the best pic I can come up with of mine right now. I threw in the second one to show what the engine looked like when the car was new.

IMG_0134.JPG

Satellite Hemi.jpg

It seems as there is no uniformity where they placed that decal .... left side, right side & somewhat in front.

Scott's looks fairly "survivorish" as well, so there was apparently different spacing and font size as well !

Auto Transport Service
Back