• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Difference in 68/69 vs 70 Charger trunk lids?

vita

Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a fiberglass option for a 1970 charger trunk lid, but am seeing places post them for 68/69's, not 70's. I wasn't aware of any difference in the 3 years, am I missing something?

The only difference I know of is '70 had cut outs on the inner structure for the Go Wing, other than that I think they're the same.

68 trunks are similiar in how a hood is put together, you have an open holed type skeleton and then the top skin is glued on top, 69 trunks have a completely closed skeleton and then like what was said before the 70 trunks were just like the 69's except with the cut outs for the rear wing. They will all interchange with each other.

I'm looking for a fiberglass option for a 1970 charger trunk lid, but am seeing places post them for 68/69's, not 70's. I wasn't aware of any difference in the 3 years, am I missing something?

You trying to build a lighter weight car or something? I was also thinking about swapping out the decklid and the hood for fiberglass options, somewhere down the line..

68 trunks are similiar in how a hood is put together, you have an open holed type skeleton and then the top skin is glued on top, 69 trunks have a completely closed skeleton and then like what was said before the 70 trunks were just like the 69's except with the cut outs for the rear wing. They will all interchange with each other.

Early 68's had the skeletal trunklid frame. Sometime in late-November to mid-December, they changed over to the more common closed frame.

Auto Transport Service
Back