• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dilemma

coronet66

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
okay, Here's the choice. If you bought a car and the color was red with black interior but the fender tag said it should be bronze with saddle interior, would you leave it the color it is now or change it to the original color? does the original color do alot to the price of the vehicle when I go to sell it? it needs a new interior so i'm just trying to get some solid feed back to see if it's worth changing it back to original colors. Thanks

okay, Here's the choice. If you bought a car and the color was red with black interior but the fender tag said it should be bronze with saddle interior, would you leave it the color it is now or change it to the original color? does the original color do alot to the price of the vehicle when I go to sell it? it needs a new interior so i'm just trying to get some solid feed back to see if it's worth changing it back to original colors. Thanks

If you bought it to flip and make a profit it depends on how much you spent for it versus how much it will cost you to make it correct and what it will be when it is correct. Cars restored to factory original the way it rolled off the assembly line typically bring more money than cars that deviate from factory. Unless its a rare car or otherwise odd color combo, I can't see where all the money spent to make it correct will be worth it. JMHO

if it is looking good right now and you like it ,drive it have fun with it ,if later on you are going to restore to the tag then do so but man enjoy now ,thats my two cents , remember these projects aren`t like tv ,there not a quick turn over :headbang:

Some would say change it back I say just enjoy it if it needs it I might consider changeing it back but I'm more of a person its ment to be driven so

If you need new int anyway throw saddle in it...gets you one step closer. Saddle with red wouldn't look too hateful...Not as good as the black though.

I'm not looking to flip it but will eventually sell it. I plan on doing the work over a period of about a year or two. It's a 69 super bee, it needs the interior redone but the body is in good shape. I paid 13,000 for it, I just don't want to dump a bunch of money into it, if I can't get it back out when I sell it. Like most people my pockets aren't lined with hundred dollar bills.

Attachments

• 182.jpg
    182.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 132
Auto Transport Service
Back