• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dipping

I will not dip anything again....it does a nice job (maybe things have changed) but it also strips where two pieces of metal are spot welded together this is an area that can't be primed..it will rust between the metal and it will only be a matter of time before it bursts through..I have personal experience with this..I have had better luck chemically stripping..If they can dip them (after stripping) into an e coat or something like that I am sure it would be fine..When I had my fenders dipped they didn't offer that..so I had problems around 10 years later..

I had my 69 roadrunner dipped. they did a great job. Better than any other method. Expensive, but worth it. I had mine done in Wisconsin. I don't know of any in Georgia.

A friend that works in one of the best body shops in my area recommends aircraft stripper. So did a local Mopar restoration shop. The restoration shop has won Gold at the Nats.

I wish I could have had my 72 Charger dipped, but cost was the biggest obstacle. If you have room to store all the stuff that is not going to get dipped without heavy cost to you, you are way ahead. A good dipping would reveal the extent of rot in my left side rocker, which may or may not need to be fully replaced when I get back under there.

Auto Transport Service
Back