• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disk brake conversion kit recommendations

Edited, done deal! :thumbsup:

I went with the SSBC on all 4 corners of my 300 as I wanted to keep the 14"s & the spinner caps that go with them. I wanted a minimal fabricate/swap parts thing, just a bolt & go. They were on sale at the time and it was a sweet deal. Good Luck

They have done gone outta business as I've come to find out the last couple days. Thank God at least I know what parts to use. Yelp reviews. https://www.yelp.com/biz/ssbc-performance-brake-systems-clarence?osq=SSBC

Last edited:
As to the details we can not disclose at this time.

Thanks
James From
PST

Sorry for the Red X Ed, I have come to find out in the last couple days that SSBC has gone outta Biz. HEY PST- can you give any intel on what happened with them? I bought SSBC from you guys back in 2003 for a steal of a price!:thumbsup:
Well, feel free to remove it then, sheesh. :)
EDIT: THANKS! :)

Dammit, and I hadn't bought my kit from them yet! CRAP!
EDIT: Amazon is out of stock, but I just snagged one from Summit! :thumbsup:
I didn't want to do this right now, but it seems fate forced my hand.
Thanks for the heads up 69a100!!

Last edited:
As to the details we can not disclose at this time.

Thanks
James From
PST
From what I've read in other forums as to their problems, I'm sure there's a lot of mud being slung between a bunch of parties as we speak! Think of a 3 Stooges pie fight!:rofl: No problem.

Well, feel free to remove it then, sheesh. :)

Dammit, and I hadn't bought my kit from them yet! CRAP!
Fixed for ya! I do have a parts list for my kit, but you'd need someone to make a backing plate to make it happen. I thought I was screwed for pads till I dug out the manual and read it again. 87-8 T-bird turbo coupe rears. Same with my fronts, 65-7 Mustang should be a breeze to find good pads for that?

From what I've read in other forums as to their problems, I'm sure there's a lot of mud being slung between a bunch of parties as we speak! Think of a 3 Stooges pie fight!:rofl: No problem.

Fixed for ya! I do have a parts list for my kit, but you'd need someone to make a backing plate to make it happen. I thought I was screwed for pads till I dug out the manual and read it again. 87-8 T-bird turbo coupe rears. Same with my fronts, 65-7 Mustang should be a breeze to find good pads for that?
Good stuff to know, thanks. :)
I just ran and snagged a full kit from Summit since Amazon was only drop-shipping (which means - they got nada).
Confirmed and ready to ship. Not the best price and sort of before I wanted to pull the trigger, but oh well - life happened. :)

How's that sayin go? Get it now while the gettin's good seems to have past you by!

How's that sayin go? Get it now while the gettin's good seems to have past you by!
Yep. Summit only had the kit with the booster included (A156-1) as opposed to the same kit for manual only (A156) but I snagged it anyways.
This should prove to be amusing in the near future. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back