• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor help?

Beep!Beep!

Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
I have a distributor a dual point, I think it is for a 383 or 400 just want to make sure, because I want to trade for a 440 one or sell this one. I need to know what it is and value for it. thanks. I think it's a accel ? D06197

20210530_191233.jpg 20210530_191252.jpg 20210530_191307.jpg

The measurement from the "flat head" of the shaft to the part of the body that sits against the engine block is about 3.5" long for a 383/400, and about 4.25" for a 440. That will tell you what engine it is for. As far as brand goes, I'm not sure.

Does it come with a cap? With a cap I'd probably pay no more than $70-$80 for it. Without a cap, $40-$50.

Just my opinion though :D

The measurement from the "flat head" of the shaft to the part of the body that sits against the engine block is about 3.5" long for a 383/400, and about 4.25" for a 440. That will tell you what engine it is for. As far as brand goes, I'm not sure.

Does it come with a cap? With a cap I'd probably pay no more than $70-$80 for it. Without a cap, $40-$50.

IMO....
Just looking at the pix, it is definitely NOT a Mopar Prestolite dual point distributor. It APPEARS to use the GM style adjustable distributor points (with the hex head adjustment screw) and a Mopar single point rotor. By the length of the shaft extension, it looks to be an RB distributor, or one from an earlier style HEMI, of the 392 days. It may be ACCEL, as noted, but why would you consider buying it.....because of its uniqueness? Personally, I'll pass.....just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Definitely a Accell distrib. $80 tops for it since all the parts but the points are hard to get.

no cap it's about 1/4 shorter than the the electronic version I have that fits my 440

Auto Transport Service
Back