• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Miss Them When They're Gone?

I definitely miss my Barracuda but maybe part of it is the time in my life. I was only 22, just driven across the US from East Coast to West in a 1982 Cadilliac Fleetwood, and then traded it in against the Plymouth in San Diego.
It was a good car. Only a 318 but super clean, California car, no rust. I drove it from San Diego to Vegas and got married in the drive through, then onto San Francisco and down the coast road to LA, before shipping it to the UK.
20201122_180106.jpg

So, the other day the wife's layin' into me about how I don't appreciate her, how much she does for me, that I don't listen to her or pay attention to her and in the middle of her tirade I realized how lucky I am to have had some of the cars that I've had.

This is some funny ****.
The Wife is blabbing on and on.......

blah bla.gif

......and you start thinking of cars. That is friggin great!

" So, the other day the wife's layin' into me about how I don't appreciate her, how much she does for me, that I don't listen to her or pay attention to her and in the middle of her tirade I realized how lucky I am to have had some of the cars that I've had."

I thought for a minute we were going to have a tender hallmark Christmas message.. :rofl: ....... I love it, got to show my wife.
I was thinking it started sounding more like this Dear Deidre letter....

upload_2020-11-22_22-37-44.png

:lol:

This is the car I wish I could have kept. Bench seat, pistol grip 4-speed...440 and 3.23:1 gears. Tyre burner and a great high speed cruiser.

upload_2020-11-22_22-39-16.png

Stripped and painted it myself aged 23...had a mate build the engine and gearbox....put the entire car back together myself.
Second gear burnouts from a standing start were all the rage back in the '80's :lol: I used to slide that car around in the rain like it was a much smaller vehicle. Was pulled over by a Cop one morning on the way to work for violating a law which wasn't going to be in effect for another 6 months....I wish I could have seen his face when the Commissioner tore a new asshole for him. My wife's (then gf) Aunt was the P.A. to the Commissioner, and she handled that ticket for me.

Wow guys there are some very interesting stories here. I’d miss my wife a lot and I’ll admit it... she puts up with my crabby ways and my but head attitude, she even cooks and cleans! I thinks she cooks too well sometimes but as far a vehicle goes the only thing I can say I’m a hoarder and if I let go of it I didn’t like it. I still have my two from years ago awaiting some attention—kids are in college and it’s slow road with working a lot of hours and keeping up with the kids and family.

Kept the car and ditched 3 wife's. The car is more loyal. Still have her after 35 years. That is true love, but she does share me as long as they know their place.

I miss it because it was a great car - but especially because it was my first car when I was in HS. 3 years out of HS I decided to finally go to college. I sold it to pay off some debts before I went - which was the smart move at the time. That's where I ended up meeting my wife. We'll be married 32 years in December. I still wish I would have been able to hang on to it, but my Satellite has filled the void.

IMG_0022.JPG

There's a few cars that I sold over the years that I now wish I still had, but I can't dwell on past decisions.

Yes, I miss a few. Some, not so much.

Miss my Mom's 70 Mach 1, a 1970 super duty trans am, my Uncle Gary's 1968 R/T that he wouldn't sell me and then wrecked it a week later, a '75 Monza 2+2 that I had in West Germany that was set up for road racing in the mountains, at night, my 1985 Audi 5000 that I bought from a German dealership and shipped back to the USA, great damn car, a 1964 Malibu coupe I bought out in AZ that had zero rust and zero dents that I lost in a divorce, my 1965 Impala SS 454, but, thy all were just cars. They aren't important in the grand. scheme.

I wish that I could have keep the 1st four cars I owned. There were as follows
57 Chevy Bel Air (2 door post) It was factory equipped with a 283 with four barrel car, dual exhaust, it was equipped with a 2 speed powerglide transmission, which I referred to as a powerslide. Teenage boy and powerglide was not a good combination.
65 Plymouth Satellite.. This was my all time favorite car I ever owned It was a 361 cu in big block with a torqueflite transmission and held up way better than the Chevy to a teenage boy. I was a pretty car. I ll post a pic of this car
70 Plymouth Cuda. This would be probably most valueable car if I still owned it. It was red with black vinyl roof. I took my wife for our first date in this car. It too was a pretty car
65 Plymouth Belvidere . i purchased this car without an engine. for almost nothing, It was a 318 with 3 on the tree. I though my gf (wife) to drive a stick shift on this car.
I wish I could have keep all these cars, but needed the money to trade up to next vehicle. And with no place to keep them in the dry, they would have rusted away here in NC.
Scan0012 (2).jpg
Cuda (2).jpg Belvidere (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back