• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anybody know anything about scooters?

I know they usually have two wheels and kickstand.

Depending on distance he can always drop a tooth on the front or add a few on the rear depending on his ideal RPM range. And I agree, a souped up one shouldn't me hard to keep inside that air cooled 50 head. They have a million upgrades for those motors. The mini dirt bike engines should be pretty similar to the mopeds. Shouldn't be too hard to get it well over 70cc without any exterior looks changing.

Several different 60 and 70cc kits are available for lots of different models.

Some models have a performance exhaust available- usually pricey, and most can have the torque converter weights lightened or slightly unsprung, in order to spin up faster.

There is also a 125cc Zuma that looks nearly identical to the 50cc version.

Your state may license them differently, and that could give away the class of vehicle.

In FL 50cc and under is licensed like a trailer (about $10), and no title is required, also no motorcycle endorsement.

Over 50 and you need an MC endorsement, and you get a $45 motorcycle plate every year.

You also might consider a true moped.

Tomos brand (remember the 80s?) is still made and has quite a following. Some models (silver bullet) are two-speed.

I'm looking for something to get back and forth to my shop- half a mile from my house.

It kills me to start a car or truck cold, and shut it off before it gets warm.

The complication is that the only road between the two locations is 45 MPH and 50-55 is the norm.

I need to at least go 45-50 to have a fighting chance, so 30-35 is not going to work for me.

Believe it or not, I've also been looking at Sportsters, as fairly nice ones can be had around here for $2000-$3000.

I really want front and rear disk, no spokes, and FI. Hard to find all those in a 2500 dollar sporty, though.

He is going to try to the decal route. We have 3 Doodle Bugs. That is the little mini bike Pep Boys used to sell. We got into the fad of putting the 6.5 hp engine from Harbor Freight. It goes way faster then anyone should on that size of a bike. I made some 49.9cc decals for it last night. It's really 196cc or a 212cc not sure. Bought a bicycle mirror and a head light tail light kit that recharges from a USB port. We'll see if he gets busted tonight.

If you've never been on a 6.5 hp Doodle Bug it will scare the snot out of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TkMYge3AKA

Buy the used Doodle online scrap the 90cc engine. get the 6.6 for $99 on sale from HF. $35 clutch and you're ready.

I want to see Budnicks riding one of those.
Bear riding a bicycle, LMAO!

Gorilla f---ing a football, more like...LOL
& I hope there's not any floating around...

I had a Hodaka Ace 100cc I used for a while too, wasn't much better, faster but not really much better..
manly yes, but I rode one too...he he ha ha

Attachments

• HODAKA ACE-100 1968.jpg
    HODAKA ACE-100 1968.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 136
I blame this thread....

At lunch today I bought a Zuma 125.

...from a dealer, no less...

Ad was in Sunday's paper- $1500.

(I've been pricing them and the 50s, and that a fair price for a 50 in this condition)

2012 with 750 miles. after junk fees, tax, etc it was 1800 and change.

Still a great deal for a scoot that's barely broken in.

They have a 2013 on "clearance" for $2995, before tax, etc.

It gets to 45 pretty quick, 50 not bad, but from 50 to 55 feels like rowing.

I did get it to 60 in a crouching position.

Can't wait to find some performance mods to do...

- - - Updated - - -

...be careful with that mini bike.

It's pretty obviously NOT legal for use on public roads.

Attachments

• Zuma 125.jpg
    Zuma 125.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 125
Stay away from the chinese knock offs, yes they are cheap and JUNK!!!
Go Yamaha Zuma or a Honda something or other (50cc).
I had a Zuma for years and they are well built, dependable, well built and good resale value when you go to sell it, gets up to about 45-50 but that's as fast as you need to go on these things. 60-70 mpg too.

I hear they respond well to NOS.... ;)

[video=youtube;bUCZmiUC0w4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUCZmiUC0w4[/video]

Bryce hasn't done the campus thing yet but he rode it to work at the Tire and Lube place a few miles away.

He stopped by the campus parking office (without the scooter) and they were so happy to give him a parking registration sticker and a free water bottle! Weee! We'll see how well it goes over with a campus officer. You have to understand how much we love little silly projects like this. Since I'm no longer married we have two Doodle Bugs in the living room and finished the other in the kitchen last night. If we convert the last two DB we will have 4 of them with the 212cc engines. they are great pit bikes. Go here and get swarmed with information. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/

The go kart would be fun. The problem with going fast on a mini bike with a short wheelbase is every little bump can throw you.

The go kart looks like the perfect vehicle to rob a bank with. Forget the Mini Coopers get a good kart and a panel van. Drive somewhere in the van unload the cart rob the bank, outrun the cops and drive back to the van. Easy-peasy. I read somewhere most bank robberies are by employees and they really don't investigate much under $30K.

So when the gov't reads this. I am really not going to rob a bank, okay.

Before I found a job with a retirement plan...I was seriously considering that as my retirement plan.

Consider the following:

If you're age 70-ish...

If you succeed, you're set.

If you fail, you still get three meals a day, a place to sleep, and healthcare.

Back to scooters...

The spec on mine is top speed of 54-ish.

I've had mine up to 60+ twice already.

I must have got a good one.

You can definitely tell.

Into the wind it will bounce on 60.

With the wind I've had it to 63-64.

I did OK on a 60 MPH road yesterday, ans surprisingly passed a few cars!

You can definitely tell.

Into the wind it will bounce on 60.

With the wind I've had it to 63-64.

I did OK on a 60 MPH road yesterday, ans surprisingly passed a few cars!

Nice!! You should throw a few pictures up so we can see your pride and joy.

Auto Transport Service
Back