• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know about this car?

BlueTriplets

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I acquired this car 4 years ago. 68 Coronet R/T, non OEM Hemi. At the time I was told that the engine was a Don Garlitts build. I have been able to track 3 of the previous owners who all acquired it with the Hemi. The best I've learned is that it came from the Alabama area. The body was restored by the 3rd previous owner over 12 years ago. It still has cast heads & intake, but carbs are Weber 750cfm's and long tube headers. Cam is quite radical and frame connectors are very professionally installed. When purchased it had an 8-3/4 rear w/391's. I have since replaced it with a proper dated Dana. If anyone knows any history of this car please chime in.
side.jpg
interior.jpg
front.jpg
engine.jpg

Don't know anything about the car, but it sure is sharp :thumbsup:.

my dad had one just like it. was with him when he drove the 67 GTX on the lot in MD and traded it in on it. i remember him being happy with the marker lights so others could see him. i was a kid and was sooo mad he gave away my 67. he traded it in late 72 in TX someplace on the 73 400 4 speed RR he gave me in 95 (still looking for it).

Auto Transport Service
Back