• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know what gauge wire is used for the tail light wires on a 1971 Plymouth Road Runner?

AtomicDog

Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to all that provided ideas regarding the "no tail light" issues I had on the 1971 Road Runner that I'm working on from thread - 1971 Plymouth Road Runner - No tail, turn, brake, flasher lights in the rear - most logical things to check?

As noted in the photo, I'm going to have to extend and splice the 6 wires back together that are going to the tail lights as they have been cut somehow. Does anyone know what gauge wires are used for the tail lights on this car? To me, they appear to be a 14 or 16 gauge wire, but I thought someone here may know for sure before I start splicing.

20220626_201827.jpg

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. I'll use 18 gauge wire to repair the existing harness and keep in mind the option that a new harness is available for the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back