• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Mopar stuff seem to follow you home too?

Outlaw525

Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
It seems like when people find out you are into Mopars, parts start finding their way to your house. I have come home from work to find anonymous boxes of parts on the porch, people stop by to tell me about cars they saw sitting somewhere or parts they have. The last 3 cars we brought home were all abandoned projects that were from leads by friends. Most recently, the county electrical inspector came to do a final inspection on my shop and mentioned to my wife, that he had a 383 sitting in his garage that he would sell. My wife, who is a great supporter of my Mopar addiction, got his information. My son and I went to look and found the guy was a really nice and was into Fox body Mustangs but had done a favor for a someone in the '90's and switched this 383 out for a 440 in a '70 Challenger. Here's what we came home with- a complete '70 383 HP with some old speed parts and and an unsilenced 68/69 air cleaner for reasonable price.

003.jpg
383 hp.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

Supposedly the car is still in Oregon. If you know somebody in the Portland, OR area with a '70 Challenger R/T that was originally a 383 Los Angeles built car with the last 3 of the vin being 546, this is their engine. It would be cool to get this back in the original car that it came in.

Last edited:
Anonymous boxes of parts on the porch sounds like a dream come true. We have to hunt for our parts and live on a Mac and cheese budget but it sure is worth it. Some guys have all the luck.

I don't get freebies but I get lots of random calls about cars and parts , like hay there's a 69 charger sitting in the woods over here are you interested in it ? Stuff like that witch is cool I'll go look at every one in hopes that it's a Daytona missing it's wing or something rare . One day I'll find something rare in the woods .

I have had truck drivers see my car at work and hook me up with people that are MOPAR ....never really got much from it....on the other hand a driver saw a mini bike I was storing at the shop and I got a true survivor, 65 CT 90 for $200 and a 72 SL 125 roller darn near mint for free....so I see how that dumb luck works.

I wish mopar stuff would just follow me home. I have to hunt for it, and pay for it because it seems that true mopar guys are few and far between around here. But the guys I do find are some of the best guys you'll meet

cool stuff, congrats

Auto Transport Service
Back