• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dogs

IMAG0827_BURST005.jpg
I'm a huge pit bull guy there great with kids and people all together. They are a little harder to train because there so smart but if you keep with it you'll have a great dog . They are also very healthy dogs they get alot less problems like the labs get. But pits are all over the place with size I have one that's 55lbs,one at 78lbs,one at 84lbs and my newest guy the puppy he's at 134lbs as of a week ago. There all mixed except my oldest the smallest is a cur dog mix,the next is the pure breed ,next is the hound mix and lastly is the mastiff mix .
Mix dogs (mutts) are great but be careful my pit cur mix was bread to me a mean killing machine then he was trained that way I got him when he was very young and he still has aggressive tendency . It comes from the cur dog there hunting dogs but any dog can be trained to be good you just need to spend the time training them . By the way golden retrievers,and German Shepard s and other similar dogs shead alot like your cleaning up 3-5 times a day . Keep that in mind. Some short hairs do it to there fur is slightly longer then most there not as bad but those are usually sharp and stick in you foot.good luck

Most smart dog top ten lists place the Border Collie on top (this one didn't). I see that Pit Bull is on the list, as well as my own Poodle and Doberman:

The 10 Smartest Dog Breeds
  1. Poodle — Have your pick: small (Toy Poodle), medium (Miniature Poodle), or large (Standard Poodle). Poodles are extremely adaptable creatures — they excel at many things including water sports and performing and doing tricks. They are focused with good memories and are very trainable. The only area they lack in is a desire to please. Poodles often want to do things their way.
  2. Siberian Husky — This dog breed is much more than just a sled puller. The Siberian Husky is an excellent navigator as well; some Huskies have even found their way home over hundreds of miles without a driver. Quick and focused, this breed can also be a bit stubborn.
  3. Doberman Pinscher — This noble dog breed was represented as a monster in the 1980s on TV and in films. Dobie owners know this was a lot of hype, and yet this gentle canine is often still viewed as mean and stupid. This is in spite of the brilliance of those 1980s canine actors, performing dangerous feats and acting as if they were going to rip someone’s throat out without actually doing it (that can be hard to do).
  4. Border Collie — The amazing smarts of this dog breed are not solely connected to the fact that they are excellent herders. What Border Collies do is use their instincts to guide their work, so they can often herd alone.
  5. Australian Cattle Dog — This dog breed is also a herder. He shines in his focus and ability to problem solve. The Aussie is known for his organizational skills. For instance, it’s a simple task to teach an Aussie to put his toys away. He is also a persistent little bugger.
  6. German Shepherd — Every dog owner knows the German Shepherd is one smart cookie, and many non-dog people do as well. One of the most adaptable dog breeds, German Shepherds have been famous for their performances in movies and on TV, their contribution as war dogs, and their partnerships with policemen in the K-9 units. This breed is easily trained and has a passionate desire to please.
  7. American Pit Bull Terrier — You may be thinking, “wrong list,” but this is one of the smartest dog breeds around. This dog has the desire to please (and then some), and it’s probably the most tenacious breed of all. And they are extremely adaptable (think of the dogs rescued from fighting who become great family pets). Just because they have lots of brawn doesn’t mean they don’t have lots of brains.
  8. Parson Russell Terrier — Some of you may remember this dog breed as the Jack Russell Terrier. Talk about persistence and alertness — a Parson Russell Terrier outdistances most breeds. This is a very adaptable breed that lives for its owner’s praise. They’re darn good at running through little shoots and chasing a decoy and getting into tiffs over who won.
  9. Papillon — This is the little dog breed with butterfly ears. But don’t equate his fancy appearance with vapidness. The Papillon is often called a “big dog in a little body,” and he has the intelligent characteristics that are sometimes associated with larger dogs. Their intelligence seems to take a holiday sometimes, though, when they forget that they are small and thus can’t take on, say, an American Pit Bull Terrier.
  10. Shetland Sheepdog — This dog breed didn’t play Lassie like his cousin the Collie — he was working his smallish bum off herding instead of accumulating fame and wealth. The Sheltie is sort of an uber herding dog, and it’s those skills magnified that make him such a smart dog. He focuses on his family and is persistent in his work, whatever that may be. Add excellent problem-solving skills and a great memory, and the Sheltie puts Lassie to shame.

My 15 mo. old son Ethan and Daisy our 2.5 yr. old white/yellow Lab.

20170121_095419.jpg
20170121_095341.jpg

Lost the oldest (13) Golden last Dec.; then youngest(10) in June both to strokes. So then we were down to a 12yr female. Then here comes this 7yr old last week!

IMG_1016.JPG IMG_1021.JPG

I see the little guy likes his brew while listening to music :thumbsup:

This is Shayla. We got her a week ago and was raised with kids. She's a pit bull, fixed, potty trained, loving, strong, and loves my 9 and 14 yr old kids. Since my son is Autistic, she is always around him, sleeps in his room and follows him everywhere. We are very fortunate to have her and now when the kids are in school, I've got a shop dog!!

IMG_1075.JPG IMG_1076.JPG IMG_1077.JPG IMG_1099.JPG

Looks like the wife is ready for another dog. She's been showing me all kinds of dogs online. We went to a dog rescuer to see this dog. Grace is very a nice dog and jumped right up in my wife's lap. They want to check out our application but they were very confident that we could pick Grace up in a few days. We would be able to take her home to see how she does with the cat and the new environment. Hopefully she'll be ok with us.
IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0928.JPG

Looks like the wife is ready for another dog. She's been showing me all kinds of dogs online. We went to a dog rescuer to see this dog. Grace is very a nice dog and jumped right up in my wife's lap. They want to check out our application but they were very confident that we could pick Grace up in a few days. We would be able to take her home to see how she does with the cat and the new environment. Hopefully she'll be ok with us.
View attachment 560789 View attachment 560790
Very nice looking dog, best of luck that everyone gets along.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: up for the rescue!

EC210B28-FF23-46BA-80DC-9D9881595CF6.jpeg
Max hanging out today. Just turned 6 months on the 10th. 70#. Loves most everyone, car rides, Lowe’s, and cleaning up all the food my kiddos drop.

We have three dogs. The golden retriever is nicest most loving of the group. Best dog ever. The shedding is the worst part.

Auto Transport Service
Back