• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

I'd hate to think how much I have spent on balls, since I quit giving my brood tennis balls. I think I have about ten (not tennis balls, but spike balls, nerfs, etc.) that are brand new, and they're not allowed to have. At least seven that just sit in the yard that they ignore, some small bouncy balls they haven't managed to destroy, three different sizes of chuckits, with the squeeekers removed, a glow-in-the-dark for each, for nighttime play. No more tennis balls, my ball-driven girl has her Canines ground to nubs, by the tennis balls I gave her when she was young.
They like the largest chuckits the best, nice and soft to chew.

shopping.jpeg

I got one of these when I was a kid, just about 50 years ago ..... jeesh!
Anyway it's still kicking around and my brother's dogs go nuts for it. Supplied were two styrofoam balls and two hard plastic balls. The Styrofoam ones are long gone. They curved way more but didn't travel as far with much less velocity. Obviously NOT good for dogs. The hard plastic balls are hollow, are bigger than a baseball but smaller than a softball and boy do they travel! IIRC you can get 50+ yards with a good flick of the wrist. Like jai-alai. I don't know if my Bro let's the dogs chew on them unattended but the one plastic ball that remains is original equipment.

This is SO very true. My wife took the passing of our last few dogs so hard that it took a LOT of convincing for us to get another. She just absolutely wanted to avoid the inevitable heartbreak that comes with having companion animals.
The heart-breaking grief you experience after losing a fuzzy-kid, is your payment for all the unconditional love and joy they give you....without any strings attached. Always rescue another innocent from Stupid Human Syndrome.

How durable are the rings compared to say, a tennis ball? I get about five minutes out of a tennis ball.
I don't let Thor chew them. He retrieves them, although he does chew them on his way back to me. They seem to hold up well. I am still on my first one after two winters. I think if Thor set his mind to it he could chew through an anvil.

I don't let Thor chew them. He retrieves them, although he does chew them on his way back to me. They seem to hold up well. I am still on my first one after two winters. I think if Thor set his mind to it he could chew through an anvil.
Our dog is the same. She is a Rhodesian Ridgeback and would chew steel plate if I let her. I quit giving her tennis balls a long time ago, partly because they aren’t good for her and partly because she was going to bankrupt me buying them. They are my measure of durability, though. As in how tough is something compared to a tennis ball. The thing in the photo is by far the most durable thing that we have found. It’s about the size of two tennis balls side by side. You put treats in it and they gnaw on it to get them out. Keeps her occupied for hours and seems to be indestructible.
image.jpg

Get a Field hockey ball ? or is it a Lacrosse ball ?
I got it after a game they left a couple on the fileld
or one that you can hide treats in
I'm not sure, I can't remember the name brands etc.

I've had these 2 balls since like 1980-ish, gone thru 6 different dogs, 3 labs, a pointer,
and a set of male & female American Staffordshire Terriers (strongest jaws I've ever seen)
& a Belgian shepherd, who'd destroy every toy he could get his mouth on
other than those 2 balls
you'd be amazed even a soft mouth dog (like a purebred lab) can destroy stuff
If you let them

not good for inside play, rock had plastic one with hole/rock hard rubber & heavy,
you will break ****, ask my kids
but outside, plenty of fun

Elvis dog balls toys 001.JPG

Elvis dog balls toys 003.JPG

Zeke and Toga are doing great with the Chuck Its. They bounce better than the tennis balls, way more fun for them with them going all over the place. Zeke just likes to exercise his jaw like its gum. The tennis balls would be popped by him in less than a minute doing the same. They didn't tear them apart like out previous pair. Kongs are another hit with the random directions while bouncing.

Rebel, the gentle giant. I think its cool how a cat will lay claim to a dog like that.

he's laying on a pile of clean work clothes...... I pull them out of the warm dryer, and he's on it instantly ....... he knows when the dryer shuts off :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back