• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

This is Jocko. We picked him up Wednesday. He already is trying to hold his own with 80lbs of muscle Strider.
351F9A97-AED1-48B4-B514-19F6B6D495BD.jpeg

I'm researching microchips for dogs and cats and I read something concerning. If you have a rescue that came with a microchip, the shelter may not have registered it to you, or even themselves. Might be worth checking to make sure the contact information is correct.

Here is some kind of Registry to check chips:

Last edited:
I'm researching microchips for dogs and cats and I read something concerning. If you have a rescue that came with a microchip, the shelter may not have registered it to you, or even themselves. Might be worth checking to make sure the contact information is correct.

Here is some kind of Registry to check chips:

[/URL][/URL]
A friend adopted a pure bred malinois (we think she is, anyway) found walking the streets, but before he did, he took her to one of the pet specialty places (pet smart?) and they were able to check her for a chip. Didn't have one.
Turned out to be a typical malinois puppy, a LOT to handle. We think the owner dumped her to get rid of her.

IMG_20211110_065134.jpg

She likes me some...

Last edited:
A friend adopted a pure bred malinois (we think she is, anyway) found walking the streets, but before he did, he took her to one of the pet specialty places (pet smart?) and they were able to check her for a chip. Didn't have one.
Turned out to be a typical malinois puppy, a LOT to handle. We think the owner dumped her to get rid of her.
that's just sad

good for him (& her) too
they are/can be a handful
if you don't train & spend a crapload of time with them
or know how to deal with them
give them a job & activities

they aren't an apartment dog, for the lazy loafers

Dog Belgin Malanious Fur Missile -Incoming-.jpg

@Charles Cook
I think my dog Elvis, dreams about chasing the squirrels
his feet are going to town
we have one big male ( we call Rocky) that messes with Elvis, a lot
& all the neighbor's cats
around here

or the deer when they are just beyond the fence bedding down

or when the turkeys strut by
we have plenty of all of them

or chasing one of his many toys

or truck rides

or barking & growling at people walking around after dark with flashlights,
sets him off for some reason, no street light here

They’re getting along pretty good, as long as Strider doesn’t mind a little puppy dick face.
1B7AA73E-22D8-48EE-A28E-173CD8C87D86.jpeg

6 month updates on 22 pound Jax (black & white) and 30 pound Loki (brown & white) Boston Terriers. Supposed to be 15 pounds max...

Chuck (snook)

DSC_8961.jpg

DSC_8962.jpg

DSC_8963.jpg

DSC_8957.jpg

Have had nothing but BT's since 2002... hard headed but BIG hearted. Had Lab's before that but too much for the old lady to handle. I told the wife to disregard the weight specification, nature will do what it will. I like bigger dogs anyway and these BT's are a blast.

Chuck (snook)

No he’s a boxer. Black in color, actually called sealed brindle.

Have had nothing but BT's since 2002... hard headed but BIG hearted. Had Lab's before that but too much for the old lady to handle. I told the wife to disregard the weight specification, nature will do what it will. I like bigger dogs anyway and these BT's are a blast.

Chuck (snook)
After our last boxer died I was interested in a breed with less health issues and longer life. I was looking into BT pups, but then we decided to adopt an adult dog and we got Strider.

Then my wife decided she wanted a boxer pup, so now we have Jocko too.

After our last boxer died I was interested in a breed with less health issues and longer life. I was looking into BT pups, but then we decided to adopt an adult dog and we got Strider.

Then my wife decided she wanted a boxer pup, so now we have Jocko too.
I think they may have a common lineage, but we never got Striders papers.
They are from the same area and there aren’t that many breeding black boxers. Jocko’s father was black.

I love Boxers. Great dogs but typically short lived and we can't handle that right now. You never know though, could be 20 year dogs (I hope). We had a BT go 9 years and another go 16+, you just never know. I also had a Lab go 15 years.

Chuck (snook)

Auto Transport Service
Back