• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

got a new welcome mat..... I think I'm gonna hang it by the door; it's way too cool to step on

mat.jpg

smile2.PNG

Been strange, first Christmas without our best friend and yes It's been hard.
IMAG1144.jpg

We've had two dogs together over our 43 years. This is our first, hard to see picture of a picture. Me 1979
999 (2).jpg

Last edited:
What is everyone's strategy for re-claiming the toy from the mouth of your pet? Camelia (female doberman) is always willing to play (tennis ball, etc). Her favorite general game is keep away, where I chase and try to slap her behind while she runs around with a ball in her mouth. If I ask her to "drop it", my command is ignored.

On the other hand, when I begin to rake leaves in the yard, she brings the ball over and drops it at my feet. I throw the ball away as far as I can, but she immediately returns and drops the ball at my feet again. But like I said before, in general she won't give the ball up voluntarily. I'm done trying to figure her out, but I thought I would ask how other dogs behave at home with their toys?

What is everyone's strategy for re-claiming the toy from the mouth of your pet? Camelia (female doberman) is always willing to play (tennis ball, etc). Her favorite general game is keep away, where I chase and try to slap her behind while she runs around with a ball in her mouth. If I ask her to "drop it", my command is ignored.

On the other hand, when I begin to rake leaves in the yard, she brings the ball over and drops it at my feet. I throw the ball away as far as I can, but she immediately returns and drops the ball at my feet again. But like I said before, in general she won't give the ball up voluntarily. I'm done trying to figure her out, but I thought I would ask how other dogs behave at home with their toys?

In the case of the yard, she is trading the ball for play. Dropping it is a requisite.
I was a Dog Trainer for a while. I suggest teeny high value treats and a command that everyone who interacts with her will consistently use. "Drop It" "Give" or whatever, when you present the treat to trade. IMMEDIATELY give praise and playful pets when she drops it or "hands" it to you. Very soon, trade that praise and playful petting for her dropping the item, whatever it may be, gradually eliminating the treats.

Auto Transport Service
Back