• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

20220610_173718.jpg

The only thing you have to watch out with @eldubb440's boy Rebel is him hitting your legs as he wants attention, the boy is SOLID!!! Rebel is a true gentle giant. He also chews all sticks and twigs saving on yard work.

soooo......

I couldn't post here for a few days in fear of jinxing the outcome. On Thursday, Rebel started blowing water (foul, nasty, ****) out his ***, and it continued through the night, by Friday morning I thought I was gonna lose him. He was refusing water and looking real bad, and the scramble to get him to the vet is on. They hooked him up with 2 big IV bags to hydrate him, His body sucked it up like a sponge. He also recieved some kind of shot. Like a wilted plant, the boy perked up and slowly made it back to normal.
we got him to eat, and drink; he was acting like his old self, but I was waiting for him to take a normal dump before declaring victory. well, 15 minutes ago he took a perfect ****; and I didn't have to wipe his *** ( I did at least 20 times) WIN! ...... he's only 5, I was not going to accept the alternative.

**** YEAH :thankyou: :bananaweed:

oh, he weighed in at 141, before the IV bags

smile2.PNG

soooo......

I couldn't post here for a few days in fear of jinxing the outcome. On Thursday, Rebel started blowing water (foul, nasty, ****) out his ***, and it continued through the night, by Friday morning I thought I was gonna lose him. He was refusing water and looking real bad, and the scramble to get him to the vet is on. They hooked him up with 2 big IV bags to hydrate him, His body sucked it up like a sponge. He also recieved some kind of shot. Like a wilted plant, the boy perked up and slowly made it back to normal.
we got him to eat, and drink; he was acting like his old self, but I was waiting for him to take a normal dump before declaring victory. well, 15 minutes ago he took a perfect ****; and I didn't have to wipe his *** ( I did at least 20 times) WIN! ...... he's only 5, I was not going to accept the alternative.

View attachment 1298494
Glad he pulled through... He is our friend too......

soooo......

View attachment 1298494
Any idea what caused his problem?
Something he got into perhaps?
Glad he is doing better.

Any idea what caused his problem?
Something he got into perhaps?
Glad he is doing better.

vets says some sort of dog virus going around, I never had a dog get sick like this...... he wasn't gonna last much longer without some hydration

A recent picture of Korben and Leeloo. Korben is a BIG Lab, and not even a year old yet. He's such a goofball!
20220530_204223.jpg

soooo......

View attachment 1298494
Glad he recovered, thats pretty scary for sure.
Did they know what he had?

He's young and strong obviously... but I have never heard of anything like this. Especially with a strong guy like him.

Glad he recovered, thats pretty scary for sure.
Did they know what he had?

He's young and strong obviously... but I have never heard of anything like this. Especially with a strong guy like him.

vet said it's going around, some cases more severe than others........ it went down hill real fast...... he's the dog I always wanted, I probably would have gone postal

vet said it's going around, some cases more severe than others........ it went down hill real fast...... he's the dog I always wanted, I probably would have gone postal
Ok, going around ? What was it? Did they say?

I'm italian so cane corso is one of my faves.... and he is just freakin beutiful....

Ok, going around ? What was it? Did they say?

I'm italian so cane corso is one of my faves.... and he is just freakin beutiful....

some sort of virus..... his blood was perfect, waiting for results of a poop sample........ ******* chinks probably attacking our dogs now

I was thinking about how dogs eat. At least how big dogs eat. The Newfoundlands are monsters. A cheeseburger that might take a human a few minutes to eat is gone in 4 seconds. They don't really chew it's more like watching a shark eat. It just goes down in glups. I make the staff at McDonalds laugh when I bring them through the drive-through for ice cream cones. I get the small cones but the ice cream is sticking put about 4" from the top. I hold the cone sideways and it's one bite. They eat two big bowls of dry food a day with the evening batch mixed with wet food. They are 160 and 165 pounds each. The female, Little Bear won't eat lunch meat. I will give her a sandwich and she somehow eats it without eating the processed meat which she spits out. (It makes me think humans shouldn't eat processed meat either.) The other thing she does is with a donut or a bagel. It's too wide and sticky for her to gulp down and she doesn't want to drop it so Diesel the other Newf can get it. So she walks around with it in her mouth. I have to pry it out and tear it up for her. This is not my Newfoundland but it illustrates their size.

They are considered "Nanny Dogs" because of their gentleness with children. The Newfoundland in Peter Pan is called Nana.

Notice the Yorkie has to have its leash pulled tight. The Newf just sits there. They are nicknamed "Gentle Giants."

xxl.jpg
xl.jpg

Don't leave anything on the kitchen counter. That one is small, some can reach the top of the refrigerator.

kitchen.jpg
xxxl.jpg

Their main forte is water rescue. They are great swimmers. The water drains from their droopy lips, they have a double-thick water-resistant coat they swim using the breaststroke not the dog paddle. The fishermen in Newfoundland used them to drag in the nets.

warer rescue.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics of Newfie!! That little one has a helluva "GUARD DOG"!! "STEP AWAY FROM THE BABY IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE" kind of guard dog.

Auto Transport Service
Back