• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

I can't say why this is good without spoiling it.

A GPS tracker would have spared me 24 hours of some of the worst in my life, when my Black Lab Bud got out and I couldn't find him..
BUT
Thank God that after putting out giant fluorescent yellow fliers all around my neighborhood ALL night long, with the title "LOST CHILD" (Black Labrador Retriever) and my contact info, I got a call the next morning that Bud was on a porch by the Lake, about a mile away.
I'm sure he had one heck of a good time, but nothing mattered except that he was safe and I was bringing him home.
It was only worse when a few years before when I lived in Mississippi someone stole him from me, and again, only by the Grace of God and me calling to thank people for trying to help me get him back did I find out where he was. The piece of **** who stole him from me was found dead not long thereafter, "suicide" by gunshot to the head at close range was the determination....

I just popped in to post a pic of Major Korben Dallas, he and his sister Leeloo are beautiful Chocolate Labs.
20230316_105327.jpg

I just popped in to post a pic of Major Korben Dallas, he and his sister Leeloo are beautiful Chocolate Labs.
View attachment 1434391

My boy Elvis last year about the same time, lounging...
He was 6, (now 7, be 8 on June 3rd)) nothing like a great chocolate lab,
black yellow or chocolate labs/retrievers in general
He's getting a grey beard, how time flys

March 2022 Elvis 6 yo (3.JPG

My boy Elvis last year about the same time, lounging...
He was 6, (now 7, be 8 on June 3rd)) nothing like a great chocolate lab,
black yellow or chocolate labs/retrievers in general
He's getting a grey beard, how time flys

View attachment 1434401
He's a good looking Lab!
Korben and Leeloo are still "puppies" and getting "better" as they learn. Leeloo is especially mischievous, likes to grab things that she shouldn't to get attention.

He's a good looking Lab!
Korben and Leeloo are still "puppies" and getting "better" as they learn. Leeloo is especially mischievous, likes to grab things that she shouldn't to get attention.
Korben, is a good looking young dog too, all 3 (?) of them are...

I do love labs...
I'm a tad bit bias...

Yeah Elvis has mellowed a bunch since his 2's-5's
he was a really good puppy, lots of energy
he's really a great dog 'no complaints', even as a puppy

Never been destructive, his toys mostly last forever
(stuffed animals don't last, if you let him keep them)
but he has a 'lil' blue squeaky dog' stuffed toy & a stuffed 'Elmo' doll
he's had since the 1st day I got him,
throw it in his kennel & he'd bring it back
even at 7 weeks
do that a couple of times before he went to sleep
it was so damn cute
now he carries it or them around like it's his cherished lil' baby
occasionally wants to retrieve it/them
His ball/s (like 5 different ones) are more his speed now,
the 11" rubber tire, decoy, plastic bottles
(he likes the thick Lemon Juice bottles best)
& an old sock tied in knots, I throw away after it starts to shred
he likes to use for 'tug of war', strong SOB

he wants to go out & police the property every hr on the hr
I sware he knows how to tell, time, it's almost to the min.
he'll go over & sit by his chair, 'that means he wants out'
he has me trained well...

or he goes out to check on the neighbors kid, wants to play
it's always more interesting over there :poke:
or sits at the top of the strairs & stares off into the 45 acres behind me

he's always had his toys,
his kennel (he loves his kennel) & he knew both well
15 min.s, min of play every few hrs, helped a lot too
a lot of times I'd have (any of my dogs) him out with me
in the garage, or back yard etc., he was content, & trying to help
just being close

part of the toys stash
Elvis June 7 2022 & his Toys stashes 002.JPG

Last edited:
There are a couple of behavior problems with Leeloo and Korben that I blame squarely on my wife. She refuses to take the time or make the effort to train them "easy" for taking treats out of our fingers, and I need my fingers to work. I have been doing it with their daily after breakfast dog bones, with good success, but I ran out of bones and used peanut butter crackers this morning, "easy" as usual and I could have been left with a nub from both of them.
I've learned that telling my wife what she should do won't serve ANY GOOD purpose, and lots of bad **** can result, so I continue to go it alone.
Tony and Laney, our 2 remaining older dogs (since Tony's sister Bitty crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few months ago) are good about being "easy" taking food from our fingers.
I look at it this way: MY dog Bud was the BEST, I could lay a bone biscuit across his nose and he wouldn't eat it until I said "ok". Cocoa (RIP) was a sweetheart, and spent a few years with Bud before he passed, and learned from him. The farther away the dogs get from Bud, the more they have behavior problems.
Oh, and it doesn't matter that I worked as a DOG TRAINER, my wife still doesn't listen to me.
I guess I should have been training HER the whole time.

There are a couple of behavior problems with Leeloo and Korben that I blame squarely on my wife. She refuses to take the time or make the effort to train them "easy" for taking treats out of our fingers, and I need my fingers to work. I have been doing it with their daily after breakfast dog bones, with good success, but I ran out of bones and used peanut butter crackers this morning, "easy" as usual and I could have been left with a nub from both of them.
I've learned that telling my wife what she should do won't serve ANY GOOD purpose, and lots of bad **** can result, so I continue to go it alone.
Tony and Laney, our 2 remaining older dogs (since Tony's sister Bitty crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few months ago) are good about being "easy" taking food from our fingers.
I look at it this way: MY dog Bud was the BEST, I could lay a bone biscuit across his nose and he wouldn't eat it until I said "ok". Cocoa (RIP) was a sweetheart, and spent a few years with Bud before he passed, and learned from him. The farther away the dogs get from Bud, the more they have behavior problems.
Oh, and it doesn't matter that I worked as a DOG TRAINER, my wife still doesn't listen to me.
I guess I should have been training HER the whole time.
Oh yeah! The owners frequently need to be trained more than the dogs. (Guilty).

My problem is the dogs are training me!

That dog has what can be an excessive "drive" to retrieve. Pet parents of dogs like that have to be careful not to overwork or "overplay" them, but exercise is a must.

That dog has what can be an excessive "drive" to retrieve. Pet parents of dogs like that have to be careful not to overwork or "overplay" them, but exercise is a must.
Mine DEMAND exercise and play time, but I get worn out way before they do. They will definitely fetch if I can get a ball away from them.....but they much prefer "this is MY ball, see if you can wrestle it away, stupid hooman".

Chicken bones are not a problem with my Newfoundlands. I truly believe they could each eat an entire roasted chicken in 4 bites. The best way to describe it is, it's the way an alligator eats with big jaws. There is no real chewing. A cheeseburger or an ice cream cone never hits the ground. They chomp and crush the chicken bones and raise their heads, throwing the food back to their throat like a gator. Sometimes if a steak is too chewy I'll cut it up and share it with the 2 Newfs. I'm sure they like the smell but there is no chewing, it's just gone as soon as it hits their mouths. Here's a face comparison. They are 160 and 165 pounds. They are too big for many exercises. They will wear out in 20 minutes of spirited walking. When I take them to the ranch here in Colorado they love the snow. They will walk all over the property rolling in any big snow drift they can find. At 50 yards or more, with their tails held low, you would swear it's two black bears out in a field or forest.

dog face.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back