• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Thor has a girl friend at the training kennel. I might have to get another puppy!

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

My dogs have always enjoyed the weird bounce a ball takes when it has English put on it. They enjoy being fooled, but I think more than one bounce and some distance would be more fun. If it makes 3 or 4 jumps, that would be fun for the dog.

What will it do?

The idea is: The R/C Rock Crawler motor, bolted to the blue Chuk-it spins the green Chuk-it and ball.

This is the stupid stuff I think of when my mind wanders.

View attachment 1468949View attachment 1468957
need to see in action

One scary thing about having big dogs (165-pound Newfoundlands) is when they walk around in my bedroom in the middle of the night they are heavy enough to where it sounds like a human inside the room. It's tough to get used to and it still startles me a bit sometimes.

One scary thing about having big dogs (165-pound Newfoundlands) is when they walk around in my bedroom in the middle of the night they are heavy enough to where it sounds like a human inside the room. It's tough to get used to and it still startles me a bit sometimes.
Except no strange human would make it into the bedroom unannounced.

Saw these goobers on CL today. Chesapeake

View attachment 1453370
Two beautiful Wheatgrass pups! My big Chessie, Bart, had to be put down 2 years ago at the age of 14, which is really old for a 110 lb dog who lived in the ocean (on his best days.) Unbelievable dogs, best I have ever had by a mile. Tough, smart, protective, funny as hell, stubborn to a fault, a long difficult process to train, but once you're done you are hooked! Love em. C Shaft

Mostly assembled. It spins like crazy hooked to a motorcycle battery. I drove right by Radio Shack of Belle Fourche on Saturday knowing I would probably need a 3-way momentary switch. There is no place like Radio Shack around anymore.

P1017857.JPG
P1017858.JPG

Yep I miss Radio Shack , looking good

Now, as it often happens with my ideas, it's spinning too fast and spitting out the ball. It could be that I didn't get the mounting hole in the green cup centered exactly. I'm an ape of a machinist. There is an old time Hobby Shop in Rapid. I'm going in to see if they have lower voltage batteries I can test with.
Maybe a blower fan rheostat. The motor is 12 volt.

A 10 amp battery is too much, my 2 amp, 6 volt battery charger is not enough, 2 amp by 12 volts doesn't spit the ball, but is still slow. I am woefully ignorant about electrical theory and applications.

Dog content:
I found a couple ground shippers for my dog in California and forwarded them, but now the breeder isn't answering emails. Why don't people just say no? It's her right, but she just leaves me hanging. She shipped the dog from California to Denmark with the dog going through many different strangers' hands until it got abused, but apparently a shipper who offers their services on the Internet, isn't good enough. People are strange.

Another forced outing at the beach this morning. I suspect the ASPCA is going to have me fined for animal cruelty.

IMG_3512.jpeg

IMG_3513.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back