• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Lilly is trying to master 2 toys at once. Boomer and Lilly love the snow !
IMG_4677.jpeg
IMG_4658.jpeg
IMG_4652.jpeg
IMG_4639.jpeg
IMG_4654.jpeg

Mila just hanging out in the garage with me.

IMG_3557.JPG

Nap time on concrete. Think I wore her out with the frisbees.

IMG_3558.JPG

My dog has discovered squeak toys. A month ago, we were at a farm store looking in the toy isle and I showed her a squeak toy. She didn't get it. Yesterday, a woman at the dog park gave me one and I took it home. She wasn't moved, and then she realized that biting it made the squeak. It progressed until she was tossing it in the air and pouncing on it like a fox on a mouse. At the moment, she is making about 75 squeaks a minute. She likes it so much, if we lived in the country, I think small rodents would be her squeak toys.

One of our past pooches, Coco, loved the real squeaky toys too. I just didn't let her mom know when she caught one on a walk.

My dog has discovered squeak toys. A month ago, we were at a farm store looking in the toy isle and I showed her a squeak toy. She didn't get it. Yesterday, a woman at the dog park gave me one and I took it home. She wasn't moved, and then she realized that biting it made the squeak. It progressed until she was tossing it in the air and pouncing on it like a fox on a mouse. At the moment, she is making about 75 squeaks a minute. She likes it so much, if we lived in the country, I think small rodents would be her squeak toys.
Beware the squeekers. My brood has several times managed to chew them out of the ball, and try to swallow them. They now get balls with squeekers..... AFTER I have cut the squeekers out.

my current dog , ( abby a doberman of 4yrs old ) will not destroy her toys . she plays with them and moves them throughout the house . her squeak toys are still intact some years old . she does love when i squeak them for her and she gets quite excited. occasionally she will squeak them herself but not often . when she was on her second year the breeder family we acquired abby stopped by to visit , they just wanted to see how she turned out . they were very impressed with her . after a few minutes abby wandered off and fetched a lil squeak toy that the breeder sent her home with , yes intact . she kinda treats the little toys like a friend . it’s very odd ….

A528F1F4-38F9-46D1-A3EB-E778D79037C4.png

we are now looking for a second doberman pup , hopefully a red female, lemme know if you have one available ….

I've watched her and her squeak toy closely, picking it up when I'm in the shower and she doesn't want to destroy it like she does tennis balls. She peels tennis balls, so she can't have them. I never bought her a squeak toy because of the squeaker danger I've read about; like Imp33's warning. I didn't want to buy and toss a $10 toy when I could buy a toy I wouldn't have to throw away. Given one for free, I thought I would see what happened with careful supervision. She chews Bully Sticks the way I eat potato chips, but hasn't hurt the squeak toy yet.

my current dog , ( abby a doberman of 4yrs old ) will not destroy her toys . she plays with them and moves them throughout the house . her squeak toys are still intact some years old . she does love when i squeak them for her and she gets quite excited. occasionally she will squeak them herself but not often . when she was on her second year the breeder family we acquired abby stopped by to visit , they just wanted to see how she turned out . they were very impressed with her . after a few minutes abby wandered off and fetched a lil squeak toy that the breeder sent her home with , yes intact . she kinda treats the little toys like a friend . it’s very odd ….

View attachment 1607398
we are now looking for a second doberman pup , hopefully a red female, lemme know if you have one available ….
She is beautiful

Thor is a Chocolate lab. I have always wanted a Doberman
He wouldn’t look at me because of the ducks in the river. They flew the minute I released him.
0EEE4DDB-B3A2-4D75-980A-A4D04A15456B.jpeg

My dog Elvis won't tear out the squeakers

or tear-up tennis balls either

he's brutal on stuffed animals if you let him alone too long
so I take them away, if not supervised

he will pop a bigger version of the Dog specific tennis balls from Tractor Supply
then they get thrown away

he is pretty good with his toys, relatively a soft mouth

his decoy used to squeak & float it does neither now

he chews his rubber tire like crazy

his stuffed franken'duck is the only one with a squeaker,
I think that still works

he has worn out a few squeakers

his spikeball, no longer squeaks

his lil' blue dog, I got him the day I brought him home,
he'd chase in & out of his kennel before bedtime, no longer squeaks

his toys that used to squeak, he still tries to make them,
he'll bring them to me to squeak even