• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Bella’s camera shy.
65016D25-CD0B-4F5B-B237-9020F1E2B8C1.jpeg

Like Robert DeNiro. "You lookin at me?"
Anymore, I have to be sneaky with Zeke and Toga. Put the phone on vibrate and be very subtle on the picture taking. Otherwise they stop what they're doing and the Kodak moment vanishes.

I swear, he poses for the camera

awesome.jpg

My dog tried to drown us yesterday. I let her off leash which sucks as she does not come when called at the park. My hope was that after an hour of running, she would slow down and I could catch her. We have been working on it, on leash and she shows improvement, but we are no where near good. I have never had a dog that wasn't a good comer, but it is very common at the park.

About an hour later and worn down, she was out ahead of me a couple hundred yards as she followed a two Labs onto the ice. Of course, she didn't come when I called. She broke through and couldn't pull herself out. It is a creek, so the water was wanting to pull her under the sheet which covered almost all of the water. It was thin in spots, but was thick enough to carry some weight, so if she went under, there would be no chopping, even if she could be located. A dog drown just like that last winter. When I got to her, she was hanging on by her claws as I tried to determine the shallowest path to her. The ice was mostly clear and I could see the bottom, but things under water are distorted. She started shivering, so I had to go for her. I went out, then broke through and sank to my waist. Then I broke the ice in front of me until it was too thick to break. I crawled onto the thicker ice, stretched out, and caught her collar. Soaking wet, a couple guys dragged me out when I got back to shore. I had taken my coat off, but was still wearing my boots and was carrying a lot of water weight making it difficult to get out over the sheet at the shoreline. It was cold I'm sure, but I didn't feel it as Mother Nature gives us adrenalin.

She is back on the leash until I can figure a way to get her to come when called at the park. At home and elsewhere, she comes running with a big smile, at the park, hardly ever. Recently, I swear I saw it in her eyes as she figured out that I have zero chance of catching her, and she loves it. I can't risk her life again, and she has figured out that if she stays out of reach, she is free, so I am looking at Neodymium magnets. My idea is to put one either on a stick or rope with a piece of steel mounted on her collar. Has anybody had experience with these magnets? She is only 50 pounds, but what is her pulling weight, I don't know.

Here she an hour before

Auto Transport Service
Back