• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Hi Dad!

IMG_3574.JPG

Reminds me of a joke.

A Beagle and a Great Dane were sitting in the vet waiting room. The Great Dane says “what you in for?” and the Beagle replies “I dug under the fence and knocked up the neighbors poodle, so I’m in here to get fixed “. The Beagle says “what’s your story?”.

The Great Dane replies “my lady master was drawing a bath and when she bent over to check the water I ran up and mounted her”.

The Beagle says “so you’re in here to get fixed too.” And the Great Dane replies “no…I’m getting my nails trimmed “

Reminds me of a joke.

A Beagle and a Great Dane were sitting in the vet waiting room. The Great Dane says “what you in for?” and the Beagle replies “I dug under the fence and knocked up the neighbors poodle, so I’m in here to get fixed “. The Beagle says “what’s your story?”.

The Great Dane replies “my lady master was drawing a bath and when she bent over to check the water I ran up and mounted her”.

The Beagle says “so you’re in here to get fixed too.” And the Great Dane replies “no…I’m getting my nails trimmed “
DDAAMMNNN!!! :lol::rofl:

Toga digging/playing with her ball again. Zeke was in the hole before her but he moved as soon as I got my phone out. Dad filled the hole back in.

IMG_4619.jpeg

IMG_4618.jpeg

Now I know why they are called Ridgebacks…
In the continuing saga of Cora, the rescue dog we got while rescuing forest fire cats.
When we got Cora we just assumed that she was some sort of Heinz 57 cross of various strays, mostly golden lab of some sort. Yet her personality is the least likely lab of any dog we’ve ever seen.
A while later the lady that runs the shelter said that Cora is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Hmmm…
If you aren’t familiar with them Google them, it’s an interesting read if you are used to “normal” dogs.
We Google Rhodesian Ridgeback and lo and behold there are millions of pictures of essentially our dog. Except that she doesn’t have the dark brown stripe along the spine. Physically she is identical and personality wise she is textbook Ridgeback, plus plus.
So we hear that not every one has the dark stripe, and that makes sense in that only the pure bred, textbook examples would be photographed for the interweb.
Yesterday I was returning from walking her. I pull into the driveway and let her out of the Jeep. The local RCMP police pull in behind me. They are friends of mine; I work in their buildings and houses and a few of them are decades long friends. This chat distracts me from putting Cora immediately in the house and she is checking out the driveway while we chat. A neighbour is walking his large, friendly dog on a leash, and Cora is there in a split second. Fortunately this dog is friendly, and there is no fight. But the neatest thing was that the hair stood straight up along Cora’s spine. Straight up, like a porcupine. She had what looked like a Mohawk hairdo from the base of her skull to the base of her tail. It was the darnest looking thing. I’ve seen cats puff up, and dogs get their hackles up, but never anything like this. It was extreme.
Ridgeback indeed.

Now I know why they are called Ridgebacks…
In the continuing saga of Cora, the rescue dog we got while rescuing forest fire cats.
When we got Cora we just assumed that she was some sort of Heinz 57 cross of various strays, mostly golden lab of some sort. Yet her personality is the least likely lab of any dog we’ve ever seen.
A while later the lady that runs the shelter said that Cora is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Hmmm…
If you aren’t familiar with them Google them, it’s an interesting read if you are used to “normal” dogs.
We Google Rhodesian Ridgeback and lo and behold there are millions of pictures of essentially our dog. Except that she doesn’t have the dark brown stripe along the spine. Physically she is identical and personality wise she is textbook Ridgeback, plus plus.
So we hear that not every one has the dark stripe, and that makes sense in that only the pure bred, textbook examples would be photographed for the interweb.
Yesterday I was returning from walking her. I pull into the driveway and let her out of the Jeep. The local RCMP police pull in behind me. They are friends of mine; I work in their buildings and houses and a few of them are decades long friends. This chat distracts me from putting Cora immediately in the house and she is checking out the driveway while we chat. A neighbour is walking his large, friendly dog on a leash, and Cora is there in a split second. Fortunately this dog is friendly, and there is no fight. But the neatest thing was that the hair stood straight up along Cora’s spine. Straight up, like a porcupine. She had what looked like a Mohawk hairdo from the base of her skull to the base of her tail. It was the darnest looking thing. I’ve seen cats puff up, and dogs get their hackles up, but never anything like this. It was extreme.
Ridgeback indeed.
My neighbor has a ridgeback, with the crazy backwords hair, we take turns waching each others dogs all the time...
One of the coolest dogs I've ever knew....they are the best!

My neighbor has a ridgeback, with the crazy backwords hair, we take turns waching each others dogs all the time...
One of the coolest dogs I've ever knew....they are the best!
They are certainly amazing animals. All of our previous experience is with “normal” dogs, like my old border collie and the sheltie we had when I was a kid.
They say that Ridgebacks aren’t for everyone, and I have to agree. They are not a low maintenance dog but if a person is willing to spend time with them they are astonishing. Definitely not dumb, and that is part of the challenge.

Anyone use PetMectin? I wouldn't mind finding an alternative to the overpriced HeartGuard I have to go to the vet for.

We've been getting Frontline at Costco when it's on sale. I wonder if pet-armor, at Sam's, is as good. It's less than 2/3 the cost of Frontline, even when it's on sale. Might buy one, and compare ingredients.
I've never seen heartworm meds at Costco, but that doesn't mean there aren't any......

We've been getting Frontline at Costco when it's on sale. I wonder if pet-armor, at Sam's, is as good. It's less than 2/3 the cost of Frontline, even when it's on sale. Might buy one, and compare ingredients.
I've never seen heartworm meds at Costco, but that doesn't mean there aren't any......
I buy my heat worm meds at 1800petmeds.
image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back