• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dome light routing

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Getting ready to get the headliner in and found that the dome light routing looks stuck inside the frame somewhere in the A pillar. Where does the wires come through to the harness connector?
It does not pull through and wondering how tight it is to fish through. Any inputs on getting it out and fishing it again etc?

Thanks MF

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9464.jpeg

Mine came out by the E brake or kick panel area. It should be hooked up with the door switch wire if I am not wrong. Can run a fish tape up to the roof area through the kick panel. May have to hook the fish tape with another piece of wire once you see it. Can't remember but thought the wire it hooked to a pink wire. Might have to check you wiring diagram. I pulled speaker wires through upper inner frame rails to the trunk and a few extra wires for the defrost fan if I ever put it in. On the passenger side. Was an electrician for years and the fish tape has done a lot of things for me over the years.

Mine pulled out easy,maybe the black gasket/seal went down in the a pillar

That first picture was the money shot! I felt her up but no dice. Story of my young life! I was able to get my camera in there (if we only had digital cameras back then) but I digress……and low and behold I see the stuck connector! No it’s time to figure out how to get some long forceps in there blindly and get it loose.

Thanks! This site is full of awesome folks!

IMG_9465.jpeg

IMG_9466.jpeg

That first picture was the money shot! I felt her up but no dice. Story of my young life! I was able to get my camera in there (if we only had digital cameras back then) but I digress……and low and behold I see the stuck connector! No it’s time to figure out how to get some long forceps in there blindly and get it loose.

Thanks! This site is full of awesome folks!

View attachment 1534403

View attachment 1534404
1696442949297.png

Auto Transport Service
Back