• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

don’t fall for it!!

We have a great appliance store here in town. I’m sure they are a little more expensive then the big stores, but they would never do something like that.
I feel bad your buddy had to leave deer camp. Maybe he should go hunting at Lowes :elmer:
i live in the sticks . a few towns over there is an family owned appliance store many of my friends recommend and frequent. excellent service is there goal . delivery is always offered as well as install . it would be my go to choice when i need something…

micro plug in fine but didn’t work due to a faulty door …replace at a higher price is the surprise , he is going there again today and working up the management ladder ….
Never " Work up the ladder", simply get the store manager in the first place. Tell that person point blank that absent satisfaction from them your intentions are to go directly to _____________( insert name of corporate head of that department.) and explain to them exactly what the store personnel tried to do to you. The store manager doesn't want that spotlight to shine on the store.

You're assuming his wife is the dumb one. I'm thinking after she called him she told all her friends "he fell for it !!"

My wife also knows that "new" is not necessarily "better", and never tries to "get me" on anything.

Never " Work up the ladder", simply get the store manager in the first place. Tell that person point blank that absent satisfaction from them your intentions are to go directly to _____________( insert name of corporate head of that department.) and explain to them exactly what the store personnel tried to do to you. The store manager doesn't want that spotlight to shine on the store.
Agree, certainly the first step; but I’ve had occasions where the manager wasn’t helpful and had wondered about his/her actual ‘position’ as a manager. I’ve asked who else in your org can I contact about this. District or regional management? Other times it has been doing a search, sometimes frustrating hunt as I recently had with a hotel chain. Finally reaching the higher ups, they did more to accommodate my complaint than I had expected. Have had successes but then, not always…lol, ask me about Maytag and Honda.

Yeah, there are good places and crap places and do more today to check product reviews (more item forums as reviews can be bought) than I used to for any heady purchases. Had I done that with Maytag and Honda those purchases would not have happened.

Word to the wise, don't buy major appliances from a big box store. All they do is sell them. They don't service, repair, or warranty them. They say "install" as long as they can pull out your old frig and plug in a new one. That's all you get. They don't provide any service. Your local privately owned appliance store is the place to go.

Yeah, there are good places and crap places and do more today to check product reviews (more item forums as reviews can be bought) than I used to for any heady purchases. Had I done that with Maytag and Honda those purchases would not have happened.
this is a great point ! try to take the time to research big purchases. heck i even scour reviews on amazon for small purchases…

My 1990's era Amana stuff is working fine, thank you.

Speed Queen washer/dryer. Same models as coin op, minus the coin part. Metal gears in the gear box, actual bearings. Front load washers are a scam. Anything with a computer board is a scam. Turn a dial, push a button. It worked for decades, still works now.

[/URL]

My 1990's era Amana stuff is working fine, thank you.

Speed Queen washer/dryer. Same models as coin op, minus the coin part. Metal gears in the gear box, actual bearings. Front load washers are a scam. Anything with a computer board is a scam. Turn a dial, push a button. It worked for decades, still works now.
agree totally. easy to fox that stuff , circuit boards are either good or bad . if you can get a replacement item is serviceable, if not junk . simple reason i won’t but a high efficiency furnace , slightly more efficient but he’ll to keep running…

Auto Transport Service
Back