• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Done

Congrats Steve, looks great and it is time to enjoy for you. Oh, I hope there a few hotrod parts on that engine.:thumbsup:
20190821_160815.jpg

Beautiful Sat Steve. Couple guys said older rides are never 'done' and well I've found this to be so true despite all the finicky work! Hope yours stays more done than mine has. lol

Steve:
Did you have help with the Convertible Top?
I'm attempting an install now, jeesh...not my "cup of tea"
I am struggling with this project.

Steve:
You have more gumption than me if doing the top install yourself. I had a 'reputable' top shop install mine and the 1st go around was totally screwed. The top, especially the width, was too narrow and the shop agreed putting another on it. Except, I provided the dimensions after some real careful study before they did the 2nd try. And go friggin figure, they didn't listen and the width ended up just a tad better; but not good enough! The top guy then admitted he isn't real versed much less keen on doing older mopar tops! I said well why in the hell didn't ya just tell me that and I'd a gone elsewhere! Anyway, now I'm on to a shop that seems to know what they're doing and will find out the cash drop and decide when or if I might have it done again.

Very nice, keep the salt away from it.. and if you want to part with those wheels, I'll drive across the state and pick them up.. :)

Steve:
Ski, around late 2017 I flat bedded the car to a frame shop in New Jersey. The owner is a older guy who is sort of semi retired and not ready to shut. doors of his. very well equipped and neat shop. We finished off almost all of the car there
I found a guy who does interiors and tops and he will come to you. This top as he explained to me was a little harder to do.
He supplied the top, the top is marked as to were it gets attached under the trunk extension piece. The top is suppose to have a guide mark as to were its secured and then its fully closed and latched.
Small wrinkles can be steamed out but if its not tight the process has to be started all over again
Im sure with some of the talent we have here they can install there own tops but for sure I couldn't nor would I attempt to do this job myself

Nothing will be sweeter than you taking your wonderful wife for a ride with the top down. Enjoy my friend.

Nice job Steve. Nine years huh? Glad you didn't give up like some would have. I hope it pays you back with 9 years of trouble free service.

Nice job Steve! It's a beauty!!!! Now get out of the city and go enjoy it on some nice country roads!

When I bought this car it wouldn't fit in my one car garage and so after it the body and paint was done it went into my daughters two car garage, 100 miles south of me. I set her garage up with tools and a compressor and id visit my daughter and work on the car. Of course I hardly had time to work on it but did manage to get the motor/trans/suspension/brake/fuel tank and lines done. Again that took a couple of years and the end was never in sight.
Bruce aka Bruzzila, God rest his soul, posted and motivated me to try and think about were I could get it done closer to home. I wound up basically forming a new foundation section by section and making the garage longer. It required a lot of excavation but I wound up with a one car garage about maybe 7 to 8 feet longer than my car and about 5 feet wider than the car. Although I cant open both doors wide open, I was able to finish the car in that garage. Its very well insulated and has good lighting, AC and heat, the compressor is outside and piped inside.
Bringing the car back home was my wife idea. She had another surgery two or three years ago and said when she was recuperating I didn't have to hang around in the house when she didn't need me, she said go work on the car.
She had another surgery this past April and was not in a good way all that month and most of May When she was sleeping or resting I would retreat to the garage, even for a half hour.
So although its not really never done as RC so correctly said, at least its road worthy.
Again thanks and honestly, I couldn't have done it without ther help I received here.

I have a lot of respect for guys like you that stick to everything in life. No matter the ups and downs. I’m speaking of your family stuff, your car and the whole nine yards. I hope you enjoy the heck out of that sweet ride Steve!

Auto Transport Service
Back