• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Donny's 1969 GTX

As promised, here's some car parts ****! Here's the door I scored at TX Acres, not the blue 68 GTX door (that will come up later). Also, here's the floors and trunk pans. I bought these things back in 2000 or 2001 off ebay before AMD came around, these are bare metal stampings, no drain holes like the AMD stuff has. Why I never painted these I don't know; call me a noodnick! But, they are in primer now, the surface rust on that one pan of course, I sanded down prior to paint. Again, I'll install them once I get around to Media Blasting the car...one of these days I will!

IMG_1896.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1898.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1902.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1904.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1908.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1907.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1910.jpg
[/IMG]

What to do? Question: Here's the original piece from my 69 GTX to put into/on my 68 GTX door that is a donor door for the 69 GTX. I want to align the lock knob to 69 specs. I could weld this entire piece into the 68 door, but that's a lot of welding when I could just drill a hole and weld the 68 hole up? Not sure which way I will move on this one...ideas?

Here's the 69 original piece, after being Media Blasted sitting next to a 70 Challenger fender which belongs to the entire car...which is coming in to my shop next week!

IMG_1875.jpg
[/IMG]

No kidding, I re-thought this, and said 'F' it, I'm drilling!! And tossing the junk! KISS is a great acronym, I love it, and use it often, also, in the Army we used to say BLUF; Bottom Line Up Front.

Pictures

Donny,
Keep the detailed picture coming I think they will assist me greatly in my upcoming build, however I don't think i am going to have to go thru the extremes that you are.

Yeah, but as far into this car as I am, it's a ton of fun! Now, I need to hire someone to make sense of the maze of wires in the 300, to get that baby running!

projects

I have alot of projects waiting to be built, I try to take them one at a time just to maintain my sanity.

In the next 2-3 weeks I'm finally going to have enough new AMD metal to do some serious assembly work on the GTX! I've got the floor pans as you see here in this post, newly reconditioned rear frame rails, I have the inner rear fenders, got on order the outer rear fenders, trunk floor drop off/extensions and underseat floor pan piece. With all these, I can assemble the structure.

Tomorrow, I will be Media Blasting the GTX, or, what remains of it! I have a few small jobs to do before I tackle my former Rust Bucket GTX! I should score just under 6 Ben Franklins for a few hours of work on a Bultaco m/c gas tank w/ its 2 fenders, Mustang hood, and its 2 fenders, then, the GTX will be subject to my delicate blasting -- getting the bare shell down to bare metal sans the rust is my goal! Self-etching primer will follow later in the week!

For sure I will take pics of the post blast GTX, and have them here maybe tomorrow evening?

Auto Transport Service
Back