• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Donny's 1969 GTX

there's no stopping you now!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

Well, with all well-laid plans and intentions, getting to 'my stuff' after taking care of customers stuff seems to NEVER happen. I will just take a day to do ONLY my stuff, ONLY. Perhaps this weekend?

i know what you mean.you wake up to plan what you want to do then everybody shows up to see if you can help them and before you know it,it's time for bed.:yes::yes:

Donny, thank you for continuing to inspire us with your posts on your projects! Your can do attitude helps to keep others motivated and keep a positive perspective on the restoration process.My 69 has been under the knife so to speak for 2 and 1/2 years now. I am now close to primer and paint and hope to finally put back togeather and drive her for the first time ever this summer if all gos according to plan. You do great work, thanks for your contributions to the site! Regards CD

I agree although my car was up for sale for a week,Its threads like this one that make me feel like anything is possible,I cant wait to get my 69 satellite back on her feet,Matt and Propwash's threads are awesome to all of you are a real good group of guys!!

I agree although my car was up for sale for a week,Its threads like this one that make me feel like anything is possible,I cant wait to get my 69 satellite back on her feet,Matt and Propwash's threads are awesome to all of you are a real good group of guys!!

ditto's here.i was sitting idle with my RR but since i got on this site,all you guys have fired me up again to get my butt going.A big thanks to everybody out there.

well thanks again ya'll, I too glean lots of motivation from you all for myself, so we feed off each others' motivations and projects, this is my thinking at least! I put the new leaf spring mounts next to the frame, they fell in love with each other, a match made in Taiwan for sure; new AMD stuff and old reconditioned Detroit steel. I'll be doing stuff to the GTX this weekend, for sure will be Media Blasting it tonight a bit more. It all adds up, little here, and there.

donny,did you media blast everything or did you use wire brush.the reason i ask is i don't have a blaster yet but was wondering if i could start on some things with a wire wheel and a high speed air tool.

I'm going to Media Blast everything, wire wheel/brush takes too long. If that's all you got, then have at it!

for now that is all i have.started trying to get all the tools i need a little late and yet try and work with the tools that i already have. i'm like the proverbial turtle,i'm a little slow but i get the job done.keep those pics coming.

I set a goal for myself to get what's left of this car completely Media Blasted this weekend, which is a LONG weekend for me; I finish up my class stuff tonight for this week, then revisit it Sunday. Then, back at it on Tuesday but only for a quiz; conducted on-line. I have time this weekend, no paying jobs -- even if some came in, this is me time this weekend, and GTX time.

My goal is to blast what's left, get it in self-etch primer, and of course come back and report what I got done in pictures and a few words. Stay tuned...

can't wait to see pics. Are you taking classes on-line donny? My wife is doing her masters online for businees admin.when she gets her 6-figure income then i'm going to retire from driving and work FULL-time on my cars.Keep the good work going.

Wouldn't you know it...my wife came up with some great ideas; yardwork over the weekend! Oh well, I still think I can squeeze some time on the GTX; get it done!

just tell her you have to get a rake or something out of the garage.:rolling::rolling:

Yardwork?!!!! Baby its Memorial Day! War movies on TCM and the History channel All weekend! we served, wives suffer!

Auto Transport Service
Back