• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't buy Skechers Arch Fit - Paradyme $95.00 shoes...

Nike Air Monarch IV (yes, there's been a I, II and III over the years) remains the longest-selling shoe of
its' type in the world. As many times as Nike has wanted to discontinue it, they can't - the demand remains
that strong.
At this point, it's very affordable, the wide widths available are perfect for fat old feet, it has "just enough"
arch support and remains the most comfortable shoe right out the box I've ever seen - and I'm REAL fussy
about shoes, having the physical situation that I do.
You can still find them online for less than $50 a pair, they last forever with care and are about all I wear,
short of work boots or going barefoot.
View attachment 1365187
I'm giving these a shot in 14 extra wide (4E). After I lost all the weight my shoe size dropped from 15 to 14 (I could probably use a 13 though). I'll report back how it goes, I hope it goes better. I've been using Propet 15's and they are a great stable shoe but just too big now.

Chuck (snook)

New Balance are good. Get a high number like 928's. Be prepared to pay $130+ They have wide widths.

I'm giving these a shot in 14 extra wide (4E). After I lost all the weight my shoe size dropped from 15 to 14 (I could probably use a 13 though). I'll report back how it goes, I hope it goes better. I've been using Propet 15's and they are a great stable shoe but just too big now.

Chuck (snook)
You'll know the moment you put them on. If they're "right" - and the right size - your feet will damn near faint
from the fit. :)

New Balance are good. Get a high number like 928's. Be prepared to pay $130+ They have wide widths.
Recommended by the chiropractor, didn't disappoint. An added benefit was the complete disappearance of long term knee joint pain from misalignment due to poor arch support of previously worn footwear. Pretty sure they are still made in USA too. (Have to check on that.)

Recommended by the chiropractor, didn't disappoint. An added benefit was the complete disappearance of long term knee joint pain from misalignment due to poor arch support of previously worn footwear. Pretty sure they are still made in USA too. (Have to check on that.)
True that. We went to the Good Feet Store. Spent a fortune but getting used to the inserts and the knee and hip pain is going away. I bought a pair of Brooks shoes and they seem quite good ad well. I would compare them with the New Balance.

I have a pair of Sketchers boots on now. Granted it's a little tricky at the shop. At home I wear slip ons cuz I'm lazy that way. At the shop I need boots for sure. I had REDWING for a long time - KILLED my feet. Dont get me wrong - good boots but... I have a crap ton of bone spurs and arthritis. So my slip on's are size 11, work boots....... 13 !!! Its the only thing that don't hurt !

I own over 50 pair of shoes and a collection of western style boots. I'm particular what I wear in general. Like anything, check out what you need them for and buy accordingly. Ariat boots are the most comfortable and rockie boots for outdoor extreme conditions. I have several pairs of Sketchers and have never had a problem.

No Skechers for me..."made in China". I avoid like the plague, if I have other options.

NB are good for support. And also not made in China. Last I checked.

Auto Transport Service
Back