• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

header fit and fender tag replacement

dan brooks

Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, two questions,
1- I have a 64 polara 500 and I'm going from a 318 to a 440, who offers direct fit headers for this application? I tried to contact TTI but no email.
2- who repops the i.d. fender tag for these cars? mine is missing but I think I got it figured out as what it came with.
Thanks again, Dan.

2- who repops the i.d. fender tag for these cars? mine is missing but I think I got it figured out as what it came with.
Got the broadcast / build sheet? Many times in a '64 they're taped to the top of the glove box liner. Otherwise... fender tag is pointless / fictitious.

www.ttiexhaust.com
Tube Technologies, I'd just call TTI, 951-371-4878, Corona Ca.
e-mail is futile, on most any company today, you'll still be waiting

they are seemingly all way behind, answering stuff
way way too many looky lous
asking stupid questions, already answered on their web page

I'd assume something in 64 (b-body) with a 426 wedge
or Max Wedge would be the same fitment

or contact Schumacher Creative Services, for mounts & swap kits
1- I have a 64 polara 500 and I'm going from a 318 to a 440, who offers direct fit headers for this application? I tried to contact TTI but no email.

Thanks again, Dan.

Last edited:
Supposedly nothing from 66-on fits, because of the 62-65 k-member puts the engine farther forward.
I have yet to see concrete info on WHY it doesn't fit.
If I were building one today, I think I might try a set of cheap uncoated later headers, and find out if they DO fit. (I'll bet they do, maybe with some minor tweaking).
And if you're doing an engine swap, why do you care what the fender tag says..... or doesn't say.

These parts companies seem like the don't give a **** about answering emails. I've emailed detroitmuscletechnologies.com, herbsparts.com, and restorationpartsandmaterials.com. Not one of them answered. I guess they're just so flush with cash so they can ignore customers. Must be nice.

These parts companies seem like the don't give a **** about answering emails. I've emailed detroitmuscletechnologies.com, herbsparts.com, and restorationpartsandmaterials.com. Not one of them answered. I guess they're just so flush with cash so they can ignore customers. Must be nice.

Hmmmm,
I have delt with DMT in the past (granted it was a couple of years ago) and never had a problem. Got my stuff very fast and it fit. I did not send them many emails I simply called them and got a real person to talk to. Usually that was James Fillmore himself. Never had an issue, but maybe times have changed.

I still offer 24/7 customer service on the items I sell. If you can't provide a customer with that then they don't deserve your business.

Tom

There's a guy 3d printing fender tags. Not sure if he's still doing it but he posted his email address if you look through the thread.

Hi guys, two questions,
Thanks again, Dan.
Hey Dan, Our Tri-Y Big Block headers will fit your Polara great. I'm sure TTI has a pair that will work as well. You might have to call them. Regards, Chris.

Auto Transport Service
Back