• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Alignment Question

Straight but for the door being a little low at the striker. Lets see if I can do better….

image.jpg

OK I guess I was looking for an algorithm some logical method and what I have come to learn that this is a very empirical process. Everything now aligns good but it’s a lot of jenkieness to get everything to agree. Kinda like our politics here in the states lol

I did load my doors with the same amount of weight that it will have when finished. This will help in the end. Glad you got it figured out. They are a pain in the butt. I found out my aftermarket hinge pillar post where the hinge bolted in were out of Wack. So, as I stated had to open my hinge to make up the difference. Also, the threaded nut's welded to the post were metric. Had to tap out to American thread. That is what you get into sometimes. The car is looking good. Keep up the good work patient's is a virtue. :thumbsup:

The door should fit good with some weight to simulate the glass and panel (about 20lbs). Do this with the striker removed. Then fit the striker to the door. The striker should never change door alignment. Also if it doesnt have subframe connectors make sure it's setting on the suspension.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back